Photo

[KERNEL] TripNKernel -ALPHA- R02 | First 2.6.38.8 kernel for Pyramid!

* * * - - 2 votes

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

Raycaster3

Raycaster3

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts
  • Devices:htc sensation
  • Twitter:@raycaster3

yeh. i was on b7 one before i flashed the b10. or, could it be that my battery is at 10%?

That's why. Has to be over 30 I believe.

Posted Image

sonnguyen10123

sonnguyen10123

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Devices:Sensation
sorry for complaining about the kernel. it needed to be more than 15 percent charged. dummby self. but speed is great!

sonnguyen10123

sonnguyen10123

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Another 30 min and all is well. System tuner is doing a great job with if and it's lively and fully functional obviously at 1.17.

It would be cool to have the ability to undervolt up to -100mV. I know for a fact my device can run all day at 1.79ghz undervolted -100mV all day long andv be smooth as butter. I don't really want to push it like that. I think 1.17ghz and -100mV is a killer setup for speed and battery life.
Great job on this kernel though trip. You could stop here and it would still be perfect!

Update on the wallpaper scrolling. It seems to be hit and miss but more often miss. Again I'm happy with it that way but I don't think that was the plan.

hey raycaster3, for the top bar of cpu, i have it at 1.17ghz as you hav it too. and what about the bottom one and do you have it as ondemand or another option?? what do i set it as? and you know any other tweaks to improve battery life?

Edited by sonnguyen10123, 29 September 2011 - 02:05 AM.

Raycaster3

Raycaster3

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts

hey raycaster3, for the top bar of cpu, i have it at 1.17ghz as you hav it too. and what about the bottom one and do you have it as ondemand or another option?? what do i set it as? and you know any other tweaks to improve battery life?

I set the governor at ondemand because that is the best in so far for dual core. Performance keeps the cpus at the max at all times. The bottom value I set as low as it can go.
Other tips as far as that stuff goes is setting a diff clock speed for screen off like max364/min178 or whatever the lowest value is (I forgot what it is). Trip already undervolted for us so there isn't much else I do. I mean you could change your push notifications and tinker with firewall etc and maybe freeze maps with tb or system tuner and defrost when needed that app can use up some battery. I'm sure there's more but not that I mess with.
I just tried the faux clock app and it doesn't work with this kernel whicjnis fine since system tuner has tons more features. I've been messing with the all and it's like setcpu, incredicontrol, terminal emulator, and titanium backup all I'm the same place, oh yeah and appmonster too!
Kernel is doing great. If anyone cares this is my complete setup:
Governor: ondemand
Max freq: 1.17
Min freq: 178
Screen off max: 278
Screen off in call: 778
Running smooth as silk. I'll post a cpl benches at this setup just for fun but if they aren't as high as we all hoped I don't care. I know my phone is fast as hell anyways!
With the setup up top I got an avg of 2600 with four tests
Fully oc'd I got consistent 3600.
Not bad at all considering when I had it oc'd to 1.79 last night on cm7 with faux kernel I got around the same(3650-3750)

Edited by Raycaster3, 29 September 2011 - 03:01 AM.

Posted Image

sonnguyen10123

sonnguyen10123

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
Trip, you shuld confogure ur kernel to use flash until 15% not 30%

Dexterv2

Dexterv2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Devices:Sensation TripNMIUI

Wipe devik, then fix permissions. See if that works

That fixed it thanks lol

r00tk1t

r00tk1t

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Devices:HTC Sensation
  • Twitter:@R0iZ
Trip, is the kernel support 2WAY Call recording? Or no?

TripNRaVeR

TripNRaVeR

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,561 posts
  • Devices:X10, Pyra, HOX
  • Twitter:@TripNRaVeR
This kernel is stock UC to 178mhz so raycaster you overclocked again lol. UV is -200mv comparing to stock rom for cpu.

Posted Image
if you like my work, please buy me an ice cold beer :)

r00tk1t

r00tk1t

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Trip, is the kernel support 2WAY Call recording? Or no?

TripNRaVeR

TripNRaVeR

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,561 posts
YES

Posted Image

r00tk1t

r00tk1t

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

YES

Thank's Trip, call recording working!!! Now i can stop searching another kernels :)

KhanSW

KhanSW

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Devices:HTC Sensation 4G
  • Twitter:@khansw

Thank's Trip, call recording working!!! Now i can stop searching another kernels :)

I just attempted it to see and it appears that its working however when you go to play it back it shows the recording has being only 0 seconds so nothing plays back. Can anyone else confirm this or is it just my setup?

Posted Image

TripNMiUI = Destroying all other HTC Sensation Roms!

HTC Sensation 4G (TMOUS)
ROM: MIUI-S008B.1.9.23-TripNRaVeR ROOTED | HBOOT: 1.17.1111 ENG S-OFF | Recovery: Clockwork Mod 5.0.2.0 |
Radio: 10.58.9035.00P_10.15.9035.02_2 | Kernel: 2.6.35.10 - TripNKernel-v0.0.50

r00tk1t

r00tk1t

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

I just attempted it to see and it appears that its working however when you go to play it back it shows the recording has being only 0 seconds so nothing plays back. Can anyone else confirm this or is it just my setup?

What program you using for recording? I'am using CallRecorder from skvalex. And you must allow third party apps in call settings

KhanSW

KhanSW

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Devices:HTC Sensation 4G
  • Twitter:@khansw

What program you using for recording? I'am using CallRecorder from skvalex. And you must allow third party apps in call settings

I thought you were referring to the call-recorder built into Miui. In case you didn't already know there is one on the main phone screen after you dial a number, just click on the MORE button and then recorder. My apologies for assuming that was the one you were referring to :)

Posted Image

TripNMiUI = Destroying all other HTC Sensation Roms!

HTC Sensation 4G (TMOUS)
ROM: MIUI-S008B.1.9.23-TripNRaVeR ROOTED | HBOOT: 1.17.1111 ENG S-OFF | Recovery: Clockwork Mod 5.0.2.0 |
Radio: 10.58.9035.00P_10.15.9035.02_2 | Kernel: 2.6.35.10 - TripNKernel-v0.0.50

Raycaster3

Raycaster3

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts

This kernel is stock UC to 178mhz so raycaster you overclocked again lol. UV is -200mv comparing to stock rom for cpu.

I don't understand.... max freq is 178 stock for this kernel? And I can't believe our phones can handle -200mv that's some magic. Until recently if I tried to uv past 62.5 my phone would reboot so -200 is a big jump. How did you do it? Or maybe I'm not understanding something.... it doesn't really matter though :D
I thought your reg kernel was like 1.18or something max?
Either way it's working well. Nice job for you first go at kernel dev!

Posted Image

r00tk1t

r00tk1t

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

I thought you were referring to the call-recorder built into Miui. In case you didn't already know there is one on the main phone screen after you dial a number, just click on the MORE button and then recorder. My apologies for assuming that was the one you were referring to :)

I know built-in recorder, but it record from microphone only! CallRecorder record from line! But only with patched kernel. Trip had patched his kernel for recording.

sonnguyen10123

sonnguyen10123

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
Wifi essed up in v50

Sent from my TripNMiUI Pyramid using Tapatalk

Raycaster3

Raycaster3

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Wifi essed up in v50

How is it messed up? Mine worked starting at around 4:30 or so until this morning at 7:30. Didn't drop one time.... Very interesting.

Posted Image

sonnguyen10123

sonnguyen10123

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

How is it messed up? Mine worked starting at around 4:30 or so until this morning at 7:30. Didn't drop one time.... Very interesting.

It keeps saying obtaining. But wont connect. I'm not the only one with this problem

TripNRaVeR

TripNRaVeR

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,561 posts

I don't understand.... max freq is 178 stock for this kernel? And I can't believe our phones can handle -200mv that's some magic. Until recently if I tried to uv past 62.5 my phone would reboot so -200 is a big jump. How did you do it? Or maybe I'm not understanding something.... it doesn't really matter though :D
I thought your reg kernel was like 1.18or something max?
Either way it's working well. Nice job for you first go at kernel dev!

about 1250 is stock i tought, i put it on 1000 i will check the exact values to be sure

Edited by TripNRaVeR, 29 September 2011 - 04:19 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users