Latest ETA for official GB ROM v20

Guest vulpy

Just got off the phone with the LG support guys and the latest ETA is still for the end of Oct.

Not that I'll hold my breath waiting for this to happen but the additional news is that they have the v20 on their machines in the UK just waiting for the greenlight to release it (as known already, the ROM is currently under test both in UK and at the headquarters delaied by some weird corner case issues).

Funny thing, the guy advised me to instal the Softlocker app from Android Market to get rid of the deep sleep issues ;)

They are having a hard time themselves, I think there is bulding pressure internally at LG Mobile Comm division these days.

Any other news from your end? (wondering if Paul has the same version for his build...)

PS: When I asked what is the rough number of field returns due to stability issues on the O2Xs (I was not expecting a straight answer), the guy mentionned an "important" number putting heavy pressure on their R&D to deliver the fix... He sounded like he was not hiding from sharing info he must be fed up with the volume of calls.

He also hinted that a "repair" procedure will not fix the issue, best to either wait for the v20 or return it. I'm still willing to wait a bit, for me Nov 1st is the deadline, return if v20 not released &/or doesn't fix the issues

Edited by vulpy

Guest Anil K Solanki

For what it's worth, I've been using CM7 since day one & I haven't experienced any issue's it has truly been rock solid & the GPS lock speed of less than 3 secs still blows me away every time I use it. I have been using nightlies and my hand set was bought brand new from eXpansys 2 months ago. Best £270 I have spent. Great handset & a brilliant ROM.

Anil

PS. I don't consider the FM radio & Bluetooth audio not working as issues, these missing features are well documented and not a surprise to anyone who researches before jumping.

Hi Anil, you must be one of the lucky ones to have a "stable-under-all-conditions" device, this is far from being the case for all users unfortunately.

There is a deep sleep issue or B( from BLACK)SOD meaning that if the phone goes in deep sleep state, the phone gets hot and freezes with an unresponsive black screen . Very annoying issue...

For me, the v20e un-modified leak is the only release where I do not have this problem, all other ROMs have it. CM7 is the worst from this angle unfortunately, I love the smoothness of it and the flexible BTH stack (for external mices and keyboards, this even without th A2DP profile)...

One workaround for the deep sleep issue is to use the softlocker app from the market thus avoiding the deep sleep state. The drawback is higher battery drain....

For what it's worth, I've been using CM7 since day one & I haven't experienced any issue's it has truly been rock solid & the GPS lock speed of less than 3 secs still blows me away every time I use it. I have been using nightlies and my hand set was bought brand new from eXpansys 2 months ago. Best £270 I have spent. Great handset & a brilliant ROM.

Anil

PS. I don't consider the FM radio & Bluetooth audio not working as issues, these missing features are well documented and not a surprise to anyone who researches before jumping.

Indeed, problem is I'm abroad until the end of Oct and waranty is not international... if there is no SW fix before that date, i will return the phone all together (many guys had replacements presenting the same issues after being exchanged 3 times !!!!)

Can't you just get your phone swapped under warrenty? there is no way I'd put up with that...

Guest Anil K Solanki

Hi Anil, you must be one of the lucky ones to have a "stable-under-all-conditions" device, this is far from being the case for all users unfortunately.

There is a deep sleep issue or B( from BLACK)SOD meaning that if the phone goes in deep sleep state, the phone gets hot and freezes with an unresponsive black screen . Very annoying issue...

For me, the v20e un-modified leak is the only release where I do not have this problem, all other ROMs have it. CM7 is the worst from this angle unfortunately, I love the smoothness of it and the flexible BTH stack (for external mices and keyboards, this even without th A2DP profile)...

One workaround for the deep sleep issue is to use the softlocker app from the market thus avoiding the deep sleep state. The drawback is higher battery drain....

Hi vulpy, compared to some other users it would seem I have a 'good' handset. Because I believe this is a hardware issue, and not software. This is simply my opinion and not fact, I could be wrong. Regardless, this doesn't help the users having issues.

I'm not a hardcore user, meaning I use my handset for around an hour a day, sometimes a bit longer, sometimes a bit less. Perhaps the usage pattern of other users is demanding more of their handsets and therefore causing this issue? I know I'm grasping a straws here, but perhaps it's simply that I have a newer revision of the hardware?

Ultimately, if every ROM has this issue, the common denominator is the handset, right? LG need to man-up and sort this issue ASAP.

Anil.

There is no need to use an app to keep the phone awake, or do anything fancy like playing music. All you have to do is go to Settings > Application > Development then check 'Stay awake'. Doing so the phone will never go to sleep when it's plugged in (even when it's locked and the screen is off).

Of course, this only fixes one problem. There can be other causes of SOD.

Guys, (for those who are concerned by the deep sleep issue/ aka BSOD) my phone is perfectly stable with v20e (stock leak) and V20i Gr3... tested for a couple of weeks now with V20e and a couple of days with V20i.

This proves (IMHO) that the issue can be fixed at a software level (drivers, kernel, what do I know)... I do not see any consumption problems therefore I suppose the handset goes properly in deep sleep state without the above mentionned quirks.

All I hope now is to get more mileage and confirm the fix in the longer run.

BTW, Paul's V20i (aka Gr3) is reaaaaaly serious stuff (I use it as my everyday ROM), much smoother than v20e...

I can now plug the extended battery and travel the world without the fear of missing important calls (so far my Blade was a mandatory backup alternative).

We're getting there slowly ;)

Guest Anil K Solanki

Guys, (for those who are concerned by the deep sleep issue/ aka BSOD) my phone is perfectly stable with v20e (stock leak) and V20i Gr3... tested for a couple of weeks now with V20e and a couple of days with V20i.

This proves (IMHO) that the issue can be fixed at a software level (drivers, kernel, what do I know)... I do not see any consumption problems therefore I suppose the handset goes properly in deep sleep state without the above mentionned quirks.

All I hope now is to get more mileage and confirm the fix in the longer run.

BTW, Paul's V20i (aka Gr3) is reaaaaaly serious stuff (I use it as my everyday ROM), much smoother than v20e...

I can now plug the extended battery and travel the world without the fear of missing important calls (so far my Blade was a mandatory backup alternative).

We're getting there slowly ;)

Hi vulpy, I'm glad I was wrong. This problem can be fixed in software. I hope other users with issues report back with same conclusion. As for the Blade, what a class backup. The best phone I have owned. Nothing else in that budget range comes even close. Enjoy your O2X.

Anil