Market plays up

Guest jevdroid

Guest jevdroid

I just noticed my tablet running vegacomb 9 does no longer show up in the market when I surf to market.android.com. I visited the market yesterday on the tablet, so that is not the issue. Anyone else seeing the same?

Guest egoober

Yep, same thing here. Oddly, I can connect to the Market and download updates on the tablet, but my account still shows no devices..

VegaComb 3.2 9n

I just noticed my tablet running vegacomb 9 does no longer show up in the market when I surf to market.android.com. I visited the market yesterday on the tablet, so that is not the issue. Anyone else seeing the same?

Guest Nathanio

Hi,

Interestingly this has afflicted me today! It was working this morning and stopped working this afternoon :( Boo!

If you have two google accounts attached to device then check that otherwise do you have Apps2SD?

Guest jevdroid

Yeah, I could connect to the market too, though I'm not sure it all works like it should. For example, in many places one can read about the new version of the google docs app, but it just doesn't show as updatable on my tablet.

No apps2sd on my machines, BTW.

Edited by jevdroid

Guest jevdroid

What version of the market do you have? I am running 3.1.5

Euhm... the one that was part of vegacomb 9n when I installed it. It says it's 1.0.28, but that can't be true... weird!

Guest maximum147

Euhm... the one that was part of vegacomb 9n when I installed it. It says it's 1.0.28, but that can't be true... weird!

My problems started 2 days ago, my market also says 1.0.28. I'm on vegacomb 9n and moddedstock v2. When i try to download anything from the market it says " purchase cancelled error processing purchase" . when i try on my pc it says I have no device attached to my account. I have tried al suggestions on the net, removing account,clearing cache and data in market etc etc. Got me stumped this has, but I am a totally new to android ( 4 days).

Guest maximum147

Well after 2 days this is what worked.

1. downloaded android vending 3.13.apk ( can't remember where from,had it a few days but wouldn't install)

2. removed account from accounts and sync.

3. cleared cache and data from market from within manage applications.

4. installed android vending 3.13.apk ( after install it says 3.15 ) had to install from file manager.

5. openes market and had to put in my details, and was able to download again, under applications i have both markets listed old/new, but don't care it works.

Hopefully this helps someone.

Edited by maximum147

Guest jevdroid

Sounds as if you got a problem downloading through the market app, but that's not what I'm experiencing (though some things won't install after downloading - gotta check that out). It's the web-interface that won't see the phone. Downloading and installing through the market app works (kind of).

Guest Nathanio

Sounds as if you got a problem downloading through the market app, but that's not what I'm experiencing (though some things won't install after downloading - gotta check that out). It's the web-interface that won't see the phone. Downloading and installing through the market app works (kind of).

Nope, that's what I am experiencing as well :( I found a Google forum thread on it yesterday but can't find it again.

Guest Nathanio

I have posted on the Google forums. please help to add more info

www.google.com/support/forum/p/Android+Market/thread?tid=11ab1d6a6ce63d38&hl=en

Guest egoober

1. downloaded android vending 3.13.apk ( can't remember where from,had it a few days but wouldn't install)

4. installed android vending 3.13.apk ( after install it says 3.15 ) had to install from file manager.

5. openes market and had to put in my details, and was able to download again, under applications i have both markets listed old/new, but don't care it works.

After a search around, I found com.android.vending-3.1.3.apk - clearing all caches and manually installing that appears to have fixed things form the device's point of view, but accessing the markek form the browser on my PC still shows no devices! Weird...

I downloaded the 3.1.5 version of the Market and installed it. Now I can use the market app on my Vegacomb3.2 8.1 without getting errors. But when I go to the web version of the market I have no devices listed anymore - and no apparent way to fix this!

It appears to be a change that Google has done to the market which has severed the link between my account and my device. Annoying.

Guest IanTurner

seems there's a 3.2.0 version available now. Gripes about problems with 3.1.5 though no definite indication of any changes in 3.2.0

Edited by IanTurner

Guest barnston

I'm having grief with this as basically the market only recognises my HTC Desire and won't let me download any tablet apps to my vega as they are not compatible with my phone. I've tried most of the methods listed in in the google forum with existing and setting up new accounts. Wondering whether to do a factory reset in settings (running Vegacomb 3.2 9n) and see if setting up new account will bring any joy. Presume a factory reset will delete any downloaded apps that aren't on SD card ? Is there anything else about a factory reset I should worry about ?

Cheers!

Guest Maxwell4321

I dont think this is a device issue as whichever of my 3 devices I use just will not show up in my devices anymore - I can download free apps and update apps already installed but cannot download any paid apps at all I have tried different versions of the market but it makes no difference, it appears that google have changed something somewhere

It would be good to know if anyone still has a VEGACOMB device in the Android Market website.

My device was there for months then yesterday it went, then I could only update installed apps I couldn't download free or buy new apps - same error as outlined above.

I am running Build9n Update 2.

I installed the new 3.1.5 Market and I can now get new apps again - haven't tried paid ones, but my device is still missing from the website.

I think we need a change to the device so that it shows to the Market as a 'market legal' device.

Edited by Guest

Guest Maxwell4321

Good suggestion to change to a 'legal' device but I dont think that will work as my SGS2 and my San Fransisco are legal devices and they dont show up as my devices either. even when running the stock ROM and market

Guest barnston

Well after a couple of days trawling the net and trying every suggested fix, I still can't get market to find my vega. There seem to be a huge number of people who have this problem which has been developing for months. Amazing that Google have not resolved as it is stopping me being able to access some apps from market that I would happily pay for!

Edited by barnston

Guest AlbaJoe

I hope this is not what its all about:

"I read on tabletroms that someone got a reply on a slightly different topic that google does not want advent vega to be connected to the market since the market app officially is a google app that google only wants on approved platforms. I'm guessing these problems are inflicted intentionally by google. Only solution is to present the vega to the market as a legally supported machine. "

Guest AlbaJoe

Has this worked for anyone else?