Sidecar_jon, on 11 October 2011 - 01:27 PM, said:
But how do i get it on the phone?..I need an idiots guide!
here the link http://android.modac...from-ztes-site/
download from post 11
make a folder on your desktop name it image in smallcase
unzip the contents of the file you downloaded from the link from post 11 into the folder you created called image
there should be 2 files inside your folder named image one should be a bin file the other is a md5 file the bin file is the larger of the 2
delete the md5 file ( the smaller one) you should be left with 1 file aproxx 242meg size
you should now have a folder called image with one 242meg file inside
put the folder image on the sd card
it needs to be the root of your sd card ( not inside another folder)
turn phone off
restart phone pressing power vol+ and menu at the same time
theres instructions inside the file you will download from post 11
hope this helps it helped me
taken from the blade forum
Applying a TPT
- Mount your phone on USB or put the SDCard into a USB card reader.
- Create a directory called image (lowercase) on the root of the SDcard (not in any other directories on the sdcard)
- Extract the contents of the ZIP file to the image directory on your SD card(For example: If the drive letter of the SD card is "S:" then extract the content of the ZIP to S:\image)
- Unmount the SDCard and turn the phone off, remove the battery, put the battery back in.
- Switch on your phone by holding Menu + volume up + power (hold all three together)
- Installation will automatically update your firmware, after it the phone restarts (When the updating process starts, you can release the keys) you may or may not see green text here - some users dont
- After booting - remove or rename the image directory on your SDCard or you can accidently re-flash your phone
this will take you back to a pure stock orange phone no root or clockwork ideal for warranty returns
only take 2 mins to root and install cwm
Edited by philmein, 11 October 2011 - 02:27 PM.