Can someone explain the memory system please

Guest Maxwell4321

Guest Maxwell4321

Sorry if this sounds stupid but can you explain the memory on this phone.

I have :

/sdcard ( this appears to be 2Gb of internal storage)

/sdcard/usbstorage (this appears to be 11.9 Gb internal storage)

/sdcard/external_sd (my MicroSD card)

so when I install apps that need sdcard it all goes straight to the internal /sdcard but I want to store backups etc on my removable card instead, for instance a SMS backup app that I use automatically looks for the backup/restore files in /sdcard and not sdcard/external_sd.

All my music etc is also on my external card but the player apps all look to /sdcard,

This is becoming a PITA as I am having to manually copy stuff across to /sdcard to access it easily.

Also CWM is storing the backup in the internal /sdcard and I would much prefer it on my external card, additionally CWM during backup reports that sd_ext is not found.

as for the 11.9 Gb that is shown as /sdcard/usbstorage nothing is shown in there whatever I do

I know with some of the apps I can direct them to where the files are stored but some wont allow this and just say no files found.

Any and all information gratefully received thanks

Guest Gary Crutcher

Sorry if this sounds stupid but can you explain the memory on this phone.

I have :

/sdcard ( this appears to be 2Gb of internal storage)

/sdcard/usbstorage (this appears to be 11.9 Gb internal storage)

/sdcard/external_sd (my MicroSD card)

so when I install apps that need sdcard it all goes straight to the internal /sdcard but I want to store backups etc on my removable card instead, for instance a SMS backup app that I use automatically looks for the backup/restore files in /sdcard and not sdcard/external_sd.

All my music etc is also on my external card but the player apps all look to /sdcard,

This is becoming a PITA as I am having to manually copy stuff across to /sdcard to access it easily.

Also CWM is storing the backup in the internal /sdcard and I would much prefer it on my external card, additionally CWM during backup reports that sd_ext is not found.

as for the 11.9 Gb that is shown as /sdcard/usbstorage nothing is shown in there whatever I do

I know with some of the apps I can direct them to where the files are stored but some wont allow this and just say no files found.

Any and all information gratefully received thanks

Well, you could search the Android Market for something called App2SD.

The latest version of CWM (5.0.2.3) I think puts backups on the removeable SD card - CWM Link

Guest artesea

Media is found on both the "internal" SD and the MicroSD, so you should need to copy stuff across.

/usbstorage/ is the location of any usb sticks (via a usb to go cable)

Not been bothered about CWM backups, but in Titanium I can select the external MicroSD.