In case of emergency, SOME Nokia batteries fit the OMC!

Guest glossywhite

Guest glossywhite

Accidentally put the wrong battery in my OMC today - a Nokia "BL-5CB" ... and it worked! Okay, it is MUCH shorter, but, in an emergency, and with some packing under it to fill the empty void, it DOES WORK. The cross-sectional profile of the battery and the contact layout & voltage is precisely the same as the OMC's, albeit half the length.

Also, a Nokia "BL-5B" (VERY common) will work too!

Edited by glossywhite

Accidentally put the wrong battery in my OMC today - a Nokia "BL-5CB" ... and it worked! Okay, it is MUCH shorter, but, in an emergency, and with some packing under it to fill the empty void, it DOES WORK. The cross-sectional profile of the battery is precisely the same as the OMC's, albeit half the length.

Is the voltage and current the same on the Nokia battery as on the OMC battery?

Guest glossywhite

Is the voltage and current the same on the Nokia battery as on the OMC battery?

3.7vdc. I'm not suggest you charge the Nokia battery whilst in the OMC, but it certainly powers it.

Guest Petesky

Accidentally put the wrong battery in my OMC today - a Nokia "BL-5CB" ... and it worked! Okay, it is MUCH shorter, but, in an emergency, and with some packing under it to fill the empty void, it DOES WORK. The cross-sectional profile of the battery and the contact layout & voltage is precisely the same as the OMC's, albeit half the length.

How could you accidentally put the wrong battery in ,being that its much shorter lol

• 3 weeks later...
Guest arnoldziq

They are not original ZTE batteries but are 100% compatible and meets all current standards (ISO9001, RoHS and CE)

Why to use replacement battery, which is 'weaker' than oryginal one ? 1100mAh yours < 1400 ZTE one.

Guest Timeblast

Why to use replacement battery, which is 'weaker' than oryginal one ? 1100mAh yours < 1400 ZTE one.

Hi,

I can think of 2 reasons, cost and availability. It costs less than Originals and they are in the UK now, so you can have it in a few days rather than a few weeks, especially with global mail starting to get busy around this time of the year.

Anyway, my original point I wanted to make was it would be better to use one of these rather than a Nokia battery that doesn't fit...

regards,

Edited by Timeblast

• 3 months later...
Guest Dr. Memo

Thanks glossywhite thanks very much your suggestion is very important for me because OMC batteries are not available for us (Egypt) and cost a lot if imported thus i will use nokia battery (bl-5b) as a spare battery hope it will work. thanks again