Smartsim from deal extreme

Guest Blue Gas

Guest Blue Gas

Nice work , do you have to cut sim with this one.

Yes needed to cut a small section out where the chip on the smartsim was, couple of seconds with some scissors.

Other than that no need to program it, just slip it and sim card in the slot (i put a small bit of tape on one edge to keep them together being careful not to cover contacts)

That's good news, I ordered the same on the 23 Sept and mine was dispatched on the 27 Sept so hopefully I'll get mine next week, I also ordered the x sim 3 so hopefully one will work .

Guest Blue Gas

Well that lasted a long time!!!

Looked at my phone and indicated no signal - tried rebooting nothing.

Put orange sim in ok - tried in a unlocked phone still nothing "haha"

Will wait for a proper unlock I think.

Guest Blue Gas

same here vodafone and giffgaff nothing is there no code for this sim like the smartsim had different codes to put in ie 0032 0096

No codes to enter with this one - its a shame as I just put it in and it worked so thought this was a nice simple (if temp) solution.

Cant be a*ssed mucking about another month and I can buy the code off Orange.

very strange, working fine and then faulty?! Have you checked if the sim and xsim connections are all alligned...?

Maybe the xsim chip overheated...?

i also have lost data connectivity...

Guest Blue Gas

very strange, working fine and then faulty?! Have you checked if the sim and xsim connections are all alligned...?

Maybe the xsim chip overheated...?

Went from working to no signal sat on the table - tried re sitting it on the pad but to no effect. - seems completely dead.