I recently bought the advent Vega
Have spent the last 7 hours reading various posts, downloading software, watching videos on YouTube and have been unable to make any progress with the installation whatsoever
Never thought of myself as stupid, and unable to follow instructions before, there must be something I’m not doing right?
Am running windows 7 64 bit laptop
On the Vega I have enabled the debugging on the device, have tried, tried and tried some more for 7 hours where following the turning off and on holding the back button procedure
This is as far as I have got, nothing happens on my laptop or the Vega following completion of the turn off and on procedure
I guess I really need an idiots guide or someone I can send my Vega to for it to have vegacomb 3.2 put on it
I naively thought that when I bought the tablet, having done a lot of research beforehand on the tablet, its lousy operating system wouldn’t matter owing to the alleged ease of installing the vegacomb 3.2 OS.
None of the post o videos seem simple and all seem to be aimed at people familiar with changing software and modifying OS
Any help people can give me would be of real help, am at the point of returning the tablet and getting a refund, the weekends away from work are precious; no point wasting the whole day of rest being driven mad by an inability to complete what is described as a simple task i.e. updating this Vega tablet to 3.2
Thank you in advance
I think your problem is that there are so many choices, it becomes confusing. Here is one method of installing Vegacomb 3.2 Build 9n Update 3.
1. Download the modded stock ROM
to your PC.
2. Download Vegacomb 3.2 build 9n
to your Vega tablet.
3. Download update 3
to your Vega tablet.
4. Make sure your tablet is fully charged. Then connect it to your PC (Laptop) with the supplied USB cable.
5. Follow the 'full software update' instructions from the download section at www.myadventvega.com. You don't actually need to download the latest recovery image, use the modded stock ROM image instead.
6. Fire up your Vega once you've installed the modded stock ROM, set the language, accept the licence, and set the timezone.
7. When the normal home screen appears, press the apps button and start up the recovery app.
8. The tablet will reboot into CWM 'recovery' mode. Be Patient, it make take a minute or so.
9. Using the volume switches, highlight "install zip from sdcard" and press the power button.
10 On the next screen, highlight "choose zip from sdcard", and press the power button.
11 On the next screen, highlight the 'download' folder, and press the power button.
12. On the next screen, highlight 'Vegacomb_HC3.2_Build9n.zip' and press the power button.
13. On the next screen, highlight 'Yes' and press the power button.
When the tablet informs you that it is 'all done', repeat steps 10 to 13, but choose the update3 zip file.
14. press the back button repeatedly until you see a menu begining 'reboot system now', and reboot by pressing the power button.
Note: You will see a very bright screen warning you about being ripped off, followed by the word 'VEGACOMB' exploding, followed by the honeycomb bee. The honeycomb bee will seem to stick around for a long time on first boot.
Note: Some people like to 'wipe stats' between installing the modded stock ROM and installing Vegacomb. Since installing the modded stock ROM wipes everything, I don't see the point.
PS. Sorry this took several attempts to post due to my poor keyboard skills.