I just wanted to get a concise workflow from start to finish of how to go from a stock phone to the GR4 MCR. I'm at the stage where my device is rooted, CWM'd and backed up, but thought would be useful to cover everything from the start so things like forgetting to backup the stock ROM aren't missed by other people who might find this useful.
Bulleted below are my steps so far, awaiting the steps to be filled in or corrected!
- Install latest\required baseband using SmartFlash
- Root the phone
- Install ROM Manager
- Flash ClockworkMod (CWM) Recovery using ROM Manager
- Take a back up of the stock ROM (using ROM Manager), and transfer to your PC\Laptop\Cloud etc...
- Install Titanium Backup
- Take a backup of all your apps and data, and transfer to your PC\Laptop\Cloud etc...
- Download prebake or bake custom GR4 ROM from here
- Transfer the ZIP to your ExternalSD card
- Boot into CWM (Power off phone, then hold volume down and power button until CWM appears and release)
- From the CWM Advanced Options, perform a wipe and clear Dalvik cache
- From the CWM menu, select update from zip and choose the zip file for your ROM
- Be patient whilst the ROM installs and configures
- Complete the setup wizard
- Use Titanium Backup to restore your chosen apps
- If you haven't already got it, download and install GetRIL and make sure the RIL matches the installed baseband
- Enjoy your new ROM!
Not sure whether or not the CWM with ROM Manager or Custom CWM should be used, and also clarification that they both write the backup to differing locations (one internalSD, the other ExternalSD).
Edited by pawilson78, 20 October 2011 - 08:03 AM.