ActionWorks Andorid App

Guest sigmacel

Guest sigmacel

ActionWorks automatically executes a series of actions based on certain conditions, such as time, location, or the launch of an application. Conditions and Actions are organized in a unit called a Profile. A Profile has a set of Conditions and Actions. When all the Conditions in a Profile become true, the Actions are executed. When the Conditions are no longer there, the previous settings are restored. For example, you could set up a profile with the following parameters:Conditions: App launched--PDF Viewer; Time--7 p.m. to 11 p.m; Location--Home

Actions: Display brightness to max, go into silent mode, set screen timeout to 10 minutes, block all incoming calls, display the reminder "Wear your glasses."

So, if you're at home, it's 7 p.m., and you launch the PDF viewer, all these Actions will automatically occur. Once you close the PDF viewer, leave home, or the time is past 11 p.m., all your normal settings will be restored.

You can set up the following Conditions for a Profile: time, location, app launch, incoming or outgoing call, SMS text, airplane mode, Bluetooth, battery level, docking, headset, external storage, power, screen on/off, USB cord connected, Wi-Fi, and events. From there, you can select from 100 Actions to take place, such as application start/stop, lock screen, answer call, end call, block/divert outgoing call, send/block SMS, reminder, almost all Android phone settings, media, record voice/video, take photo, play audio, and dialogs.

There is no limit to the combinations of conditions and actions to create profiles. With ActionWorks, you'll never forget to have your Android device execute a crucial action. Actionworks really shows the strength of the Android OS and how its taking advantage of the openness of the platform. With this program you can automate almost any task on your phone.

Some examples of some profiles I have created for the App:

Make your music automatically play when you plug your headset.

Turns off the ringer and switch the phone to vibrate only as soon as I’m at work.

Switch on WiFi and turns ringer volume on to half way when I’m at home.

Turns on “Airplane mode” at midnight so I won’t get any notifications and turns the phone back on with my alarm.

When the remaining battery life is less than %15, the brightness is switched down to minimum, radios are switched to 2G and GPS is turned off to conserve battery life.

Disable Bluetooth when I switch of my a2dp music headset

Turn on/off remote notifier when at home/not at home

Soundchemes based on time of day

Silent mode when calender say "not availible"

Start music player + bluetooth with one button

These are just a few examples of what I’m doing with the phone.

The Actionworks can be downloaded for free:

https://market.andro...ctionsworksfree

Visit our facebook page:

https://www.facebook...276598379039900

post-937856-0-62944800-1319001452_thumb.