ICS in ZTE Racer?

Guest Jovistyle

Guest Jovistyle

In XDA ported the Ice Cream Sandwich to a HTC G1 and posted a guide how to do this, I did all the issues but did not boot. The port is done with the SDK files and made successfully on multiple devices following this guide.

You can do this in the racer?

Sorry my bad English, I'm Brazilian.

ICS Porting guide by Siulmagic

So iv been bombarded with pms since i posted my thread of successfully porting ICS(ice cream sandwich)sdk image to my Tmobile g2(i believe i was the first one), in regards on what has to be edited/modified to make the emulator image boot on our phones, so without further ado here is the info.

First grab a Gingerbread boot.img(i used a sense kernel)

Decompile the boot image with disxda kitchen, then look inside boot-extracted>ramdisk> and find this file init.rc

now open the init.rc file and look for this line bootclasspath, and change it to this

/system/framework/core.jar:/system/framework/core-junit.jar:/system/framework/bouncycastle.jar:/system/framework/ext.jar:/system/framework/framework.jar:/system/framework/android.policy.jar:/system/framework/services.jar:/system/framework/apache-xml.jar:/system/framework/filterfw.jar
you may also need to add this service
socket dnsproxyd stream 0660 root inet

Here is an example image of what you have to change, Here's a link to the ICS init.rc

ibaxO0m64QubQP.jpg

iYevpqyGU6UJ.png

also change the rom dpi to 200 , this is in your build.prop if the line does not exist, add it manually.

After you have done the above, recompile the boot.img with the kitchen, Zip up the rom and ICS "Should" Boot now.

And please bare in mind even with this Changes, there might be a chance it wont boot on your device, in that case your on your own.

Edited by Jovistyle

Guest equiliym

i checked sdk rev14 and it looks like ICS 4.0.1 system.img that comes with sdk is ARMv7 compatible so until source gets released, its nearly impossible to do coding and make it work on ARMv6 devices *ie racer and other devices*

also with source releases, CM team will give us CM9 when so i dont think we should be bothering with sdk anyhow...

also, non-htc device is different than htc thus that tutorial is somewhat invalid here