how do you root the newer version of this phone?

Guest tkelly0727

Guest FatherD

how do you root lg optimus black after installing the official update(version 2.2.2) (v10d)

I got SuperOneClick from here make sure to choose version SuperOneClickv1.9.5-Shortfuse.zip unfortunately you will have to sit through a filesonic download blink.gifThen I followed the instructions from here However one thing would not work: The initial push of su and superuser.apk kept freezing the phone, so I did the following,

1. I installed Terminal Emulator from the Market

2. I Mounted the sdcard on my pc

3. I copied superuser.apk from the SuperOneClick folder onto the sdcard

4. I copied su-v3 from the SuperOneClick folder onto the sdcard, and renamed it su

5. Then dismounted the sdcard from the pc and rebooted the phone

6. then followed the instructions to the point when you get Shell Root:

adb shell (When Shellroot worked, you should see a "#" on the shell)

NOW Enter the following commands in shell (exactly as it is wrote, respect spaces etc):mount -o rw,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk0p8 /system

7. Then at this point I opened the terminal emulator on the phone and issued the next two commands from there, modified like so:

cat /mnt/sdcard/su > /system/bin/su

cat /mnt/sdcard/superuser.apk > /system/app/Superuser.apk

8. Then issued the remainder of the commands from the command prompt on the pc, although I think this could have been done from Terminal Emulator too!

chown root.root /system/bin/su

chmod 06755 /system/bin/su

chown root.root /system/app/Superuser.apk

chmod 0644 /system/app/Superuser.apk

reboot

9. Finally after rebooting the phone I installed busybox installer from the Market, which installed and updated perfectlyThis got me all sorted with full root, of course the superuser needed updating.. but all is fully rooted :D

Edited by FatherD

Guest FatherD

isn't there a way to root your phone on the phone it self ?

Z4root works on some devices that I have owned, but it no longer shows up in the market .. and didn't work on the OB anyway!

It does seem that the ADB method is the only way to go .. perhaps someone else knows different!?

Best of luck :)

Guest tkelly0727

Z4root works on some devices that I have owned, but it no longer shows up in the market .. and didn't work on the OB anyway!

It does seem that the ADB method is the only way to go .. perhaps someone else knows different!?

Best of luck :)

oh okay :( i was hope there was one. cause i did it on my ZTE blade it was very easy :D.

but after footing can you get android 2.3 on it ?