Reworking the partitions size

Guest cryoglobe

Guest cryoglobe

Hello

I shifted from a San Francisco ( Blade ) ( "reworked" :) ) to a Skate ... but I do miss the 294 Mb I had on my blade ( after installing the GSF b24 TPT )

I've search in the forum , wiki , and all others places , but I have not yet found any explanations to achieve this ... ( I'm still quite new in Android stuffs )

What do you have as space for the partition where you can install applications ?

On my Skate I have 162,5 Mb !!! it's too short !!! ( it's even less than on my Blade 2.1 .. that had 204 Mb )

Thanks for all your advice , this would really change my life :)

Edited by cryoglobe

Hello

I shifted from a San Francisco ( Blade ) ( "reworked" :) ) to a Skate ... but I do miss the 294 Mb I had on my blade ( after installing the GSF b24 TPT )

I've search in the forum , wiki , and all others places , but I have not yet found any explanations to achieve this ... ( I'm still quite new in Android stuffs )

What do you have as space for the partition where you can install applications ?

On my Skate I have 162,5 Mb !!! it's too short !!! ( it's even less than on my Blade 2.1 .. that had 204 Mb )

Thanks for all your advice , this would really change my life :)

If you are using the cm7 rom for skate,you can use S2E,providing you have ext3 on your sd card

Guest trueno2k

I would definitely vouch for a new partition layout... I've filled up my OMC's data partition and got the low space notification icon in my status bar (it's annoying!)... I cutdown/modify the CM7 custom rom so that I don't have crap in the system which I will never use and replace any CM7 app with apps that I use instead of the current CM7 ones... So yeah Amphoras, please answer our call and do me a TPT to suit my needs please :P

Guest cryoglobe

Hello guys ...

Thanks for your answers & advices with "app to sd" stuff .. but you always need to have some space on the internal Rom of the smartphone ..

then move to the SD is done afterward :( and that's exactely my problem !

I found aslo a tip to configure Android to install apps directly on the SD , but this is quite risky as some applications won't like that

and for applications with widgets , it's always the good way to have no working widgets ..

So ... that's why I keep that info , in case of ... but won't be doing this on my Skate.

That would really be a bad excuse , to have to drop the ZTE Skate and go back to my ZTE Blade only because this Rom partition is so small :(

That would really be nice to have the partitionning step part of the ClockworkMod :) and be able to do something like that :

1 factory reset

2 select size of partitions (Rom , System , cache ) with some kind of clever menu dispatching the remaining size depending on the device total memory :)

3 install the rom

That would really be cool

Edited by cryoglobe

most big apps like games will only run from the sd card... i personaly had 120 apps on my OMC with 100mb internal free, no problems at all

(using link2sd of course)

Guest Kayusumi

I have tried the cmtd method posted in xda(using recovery-v1.5.8-CustomMTD_S.zip and of course the boot one), following the steps but finally I got the space remain still....

Guest trueno2k

most big apps like games will only run from the sd card... i personaly had 120 apps on my OMC with 100mb internal free, no problems at all

(using link2sd of course)

How do you get sd-ext to work automatically as you start to run out of phone internal (data) storage??? Do you have to install the apps on to sd-ext partition manually??? I thought sd-ext is an extension to your data storage so that when you install something bigger than what your data storage can hold it will go straight to sd-ext instead??? I don't understand this sd-ext storage system!!!... If sd-ext can only be used for manually moving apps to it then I have no use for it as it's just so clumsy to not be able to install apps automatically onto the sd-ext storage as you start to run out data storage!!!... Please someone explain this sd-ext business...