New Archos G9 firmware released - 3.2.61

Guest evad

Posted Image
Archos have released firmware version 3.2.61 for the G9 series of tablets.

Detailed on the official Archos support page, the changelog states...

• Google apps: new Honeycomb release 4 integrated. It contains the new Market (v3.1.7) that solves the issue of some Google accounts not being able to install applications.
  • Power save: disable 3G USB host port by default
  • Power: fix device sometimes not rebooting properly
  • MTP: fix Video folder listed empty from host PC happening sometimes
  • Audio: better volume management when a notification occurs during music playback
  • Input method: disable switch to Arabic keyboard when Android default keyboard gets killed

Android Market does indeed seem to be fixed. I couldn't download/install Dolphin Browser before, now it got installed straight away. Nice. Still no return of vibrate functionality though! :(

This item was promoted to the News page - click here to view.

Guest todoleo

It's official:

http://www.archos.co...ntry=us&lang=en

Changelog:

• Google apps: new Honeycomb release 4 integrated. It contains the new Market (v3.1.7) that solves the issue of some Google accounts not being able to install applications.
  • Power save: disable 3G USB host port by default
  • Power: fix device sometimes not rebooting properly
  • MTP: fix Video folder listed empty from host PC happening sometimes
  • Audio: better volume management when a notification occurs during music playback
  • Input method: disable switch to Arabic keyboard when Android default keyboard gets killed

UPDATE:

Android Market seems to be fixed indeed. I couldn't download/install Dolphin Browser before, now it got installed straight away. Nice.

Downloading it now!

Guest sionyboy

Installed yesterday on my new archos, didn't play around with the firmware that was on device (3. 2.22)

I've had no issues with the market since the update, and device seems a lot snappier when multi-tasking.

Not sure if that's placebo effect or has something been really improved with 3.2.61 but I reckon now tablet eats less battery when idle and doesn't stay hot in lower-left corner of the back. Did anyone notice same thing with their 80 G9 before?

Guest Woshmistro

The update also fixed the Market problem I had, but the tablet still doesn't show on the Market website so I can't send apps to it still, which is a bit odd... Could it be because I kept the account as @googlemail.com rather than switch to @gmail.com? Or did anyone with @gmail.com have the same problem?

Edited by Woshmistro

The update also fixed the Market problem I had, but the tablet still doesn't show on the Market website so I can't send apps to it still, which is a bit odd... Could it be because I kept the account as @googlemail.com rather than switch to @gmail.com? Or did anyone with @gmail.com have the same problem?

I have the same problem with @gmail.com account.

Guest DiscoFred78

Try removing the google account, clearing everything and then adding it again, might work.

Which market do you end up with? Mine looks exactly the same as the one I downloaded as a fix. But I didn't remove it before upgrading, so I am unsure what the new market should look like.

:)

Guest MrChips

Try removing the google account, clearing everything and then adding it again, might work.

Which market do you end up with? Mine looks exactly the same as the one I downloaded as a fix. But I didn't remove it before upgrading, so I am unsure what the new market should look like.

:)

After updating the firmware to 3.2.61 the Market app shows v3.1.7. I believe the version most people were using to fix the market issues was 3.1.5. They look identical, so I'm not sure what changes were added between the two point releases.

Hope this helps!

Rich

Guest DiscoFred78

After updating the firmware to 3.2.61 the Market app shows v3.1.7. I believe the version most people were using to fix the market issues was 3.1.5. They look identical, so I'm not sure what changes were added between the two point releases.

Hope this helps!

Rich

That is great! Thanks :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.