headphones, audio cables and zte blade

Guest Ficus

EDIT: I found a solution, see post #9 in this thread for details

i received a pair of headphones as a birthday present. they included a small audio cable with a label on it which said "compatible with samsung and nokia".

i discovered that if i used this small cable with my headphones and zte blade, sound was perfect. instead, if i didn't use it, music was very low and voices was almost unhearable.

instead, if i used the headphones with a pc, i could hear perfectly either with or without the small cable.

looking at the small cable jack, it was identical to normal audio jack, so i really can't tell the difference.

the problem is lost the small cable :) do you know what kind of cable it was, so i can buy another one?

Edited by Ficus

an adapter typically changes the type of jack, but in this case they were exactly the same (at least externally).

i didn't need an "adapter" with earphones.

my question is: do you hear correctly with your zte blade and your earphones/headphones? have you ever used any "adapter"?

edit: i found out that pressing the handsfree button brings back the correct sound, except that since it's not a toggle switch, you can't just turn it, you have to keep pressing it. using the small cable, the button was used to skip song and stop/resume playing.

Edited by Ficus

Guest shmizan

it switches the third and fourth pins. first and second are left/right. third is speaker and fourth is something else. there are threads about it, search away..

Guest ColdEmbrace

it switches the third and fourth pins. first and second are left/right. third is speaker and fourth is something else. there are threads about it, search away..

useful to know all the threads i ever read mention about the the amount of bands on the audio jack

thanks a lot. i couldn't find anything about it.

Guest unrandomsam

thanks a lot. i couldn't find anything about it.

I still don't think we have something 100% suitable for the blade other than the thing thats only for sale in India.

(i.e no hiss in background when 16 ohm normal headphones plugged into adapter). A few mostly work but I have stopped bothering.

I will pick up a Motorola stereo Bluetooth headset if I see one cheap.

And maybe I would buy a set of headphones specifically listed as properly compatible.

I use a Sansa Clip+ when I want to listen to music out and about

• 4 months later...
Guest Ficus

finally, i found a iphone->nokia/sony/zte adapter :) it is named Fiio LU1 Adapter Cable

i've just received it, and it works!

i found all the infos on this blog:

http://www.macadux.com/mobile/android/samsung-galaxy-s/non-samsung-headphones-with-mic-problem/

for italian users who wants to buy it:

http://www.playstereo.com/product_info.php?products_id=1776

mandare un'email a silvia [chiocciola] playstereo [punto] com, chiedendo se possono spedire l'adattatore con posta prioritaria (2€), per un totale di 6.90€

Guest shmizan

I've lost my phillips adapter too. I need another one..

but this is ridiculously overpriced.. it's a cable you can find at ebay on 1$. I've tried ordering some but they are not what they are advertised..

Guest Ficus

I've lost my phillips adapter too. I need another one..

but this is ridiculously overpriced.. it's a cable you can find at ebay on 1$. I've tried ordering some but they are not what they are advertised..

i couldn't find anything else, so it's not a matter of being overpriced, but lacking of alternatives. additionally, without this cable, the expensive headphones i have are like crap, so for 8€ it's not a great deal, but it's allright.

• 8 months later...