Best Rom

Guest Unchange

Guest Unchange

I'm currently using BlueMonte, but am interested to know the benefits/downsides of each custom Rom available. I just don't want to be customising the s*** out of it and then later want to change to something else. Also, what is the best way of backing up and restoring my applications and their settings if i do change?

Thanks again for your help.

Guest philmein

backup your current rom with cwm and then you can try different roms at your leisure

then you can restore the backup afterwards

Edited by philmein

I'm currently using BlueMonte, but am interested to know the benefits/downsides of each custom Rom available. I just don't want to be customising the s*** out of it and then later want to change to something else. Also, what is the best way of backing up and restoring my applications and their settings if i do change?

Thanks again for your help.

lol, I'm also in the same boat,

just customised my phone with a shillion different apps and settings and now figured it might be worth checking out some of the other roms haha.

is there anyway to backup the settings too?

I know cwm will backup the entire image but if i backup with titanium backup or a similar application can i restore my settings and apps onto a different rom?

where can i find cyanogen 7 for the skate?

I'm having some trouble backing up my current rom,

cwm rom manager wants me to install clockworkmod despite the fact that its already installed and when i choose to install it again through its interface it gives me a closed list of phones to choose as my device and zte skate is not listed!!!

Edited by Mub6

where can i find cyanogen 7 for the skate?

I'm having some trouble backing up my current rom,

cwm rom manager wants me to install clockworkmod despite the fact that its already installed and when i choose to install it again through its interface it gives me a closed list of phones to choose as my device and zte skate is not listed!!!

STOP RIGHT THERE,DO NOT FLASH RECOVERY FROM ROM MANAGER!

Skate is not supported by rom manager so it does not recognise your recovery.

The way to back up and install on the skate is in recovery itself(as in power on+volume down)

You can find cm7 for skate here:

And latest cm7 gapps here: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/wiki/Latest_Version

Edited by Guest

Nice one.

angry birds kept on freezing for me so i had to let it go :S

cm7 shows about 70mb more free space too compared to bluemonte.

angry birds should work fine.. i have all them on my phonehuh.gif