[MOD] STATUS BAR POWER WIDGETS

Guest tillaz

wink.gif mod to add status bar power widget wink.gif

this mod is a port of konstaT's version for the blade (massive thanks to him)

& will add the power widgets to your status bar like those found in cm7

(only available for 2.3.4 rom's for now)

themed for bluemonte ROM (will only work with 1.8.D +)

6 icon version for bluemonte

20111029235956.png

themed for bluemonte ROM (will only work with 1.8.D +)

9 icon scrollable version

20111030000208.png20111029235956.png

stock android theme

soon

version for the pinkpearl theme

how do i install this ??

just add the .zip file you downloaded to your sd card, boot into clockwork recovery & flash the .zip the same way you flash a custom rom (but do not do any of the wipes)

Edited by tillaz

Where is it ?

i will have it up today.. i need to upload the new version of bluemonte first as any old versions of my roms will not work with the mod

(had to deodex systemui)

links to match bluemonte added

note the BLUEMONTE VERSION will only work with the latest version of bluemonte v1.8.D

ATOMIC-BLUE NEEDS UPDATED FIRST BEFORE THEY WILL WORK SO PLEASE DO NOT TRY

Guest almera8

Hi Tillaz,

Just tried the 9 icon one on CM7 v2.0 and it doesn't work. Message: (translated from dutch) (proces com.android.systemui) aplication has stopped unecpectedly. Please try again. Unfortunately I did not create a backup, how can I recover from this? (Will try the 6 icon one in the meanwhile).

Reading your post again, I think I should have waited for stock android theme ...

Edited by almera8

Hi Tillaz,

Just tried the 9 icon one on CM7 v2.0 and it doesn't work. Message: (translated from dutch) (proces com.android.systemui) aplication has stopped unecpectedly. Please try again. Unfortunately I did not create a backup, how can I recover from this? (Will try the 6 icon one in the meanwhile).

Reading your post again, I think I should have waited for stock android theme ...

this mod will not work with cm7... but cm7 already has this feature anyway huh.gif

Edited by tillaz

Guest almera8
blush.gif I am a new to Android and didn't read well enough.... I think I have fixed it by replacing the system folder files from the CM7 ROM to the downloaded zip file and load it via recovery. The status bar has returned to my OMC...

Guest KonstaT

Good job on the porting, but I think it's missing some thanks/credits? *grhhmm* :P

Btw, there is also a version with ten buttons nowadays. I also doubt that the same file will work with all of the custom ROMs for Skate (unless all custom ROMs are based on the same stock ROM).

Good job on the porting, but I think it's missing some thanks/credits? *grhhmm* :P

Btw, there is also a version with ten buttons nowadays. I also doubt that the same file will work with all of the custom ROMs for Skate (unless all custom ROMs are based on the same stock ROM).

yeh, sorry about that, i started a version from scratch & then ended up porting your version... totally forgot wacko.gif

i have tested on all roms for skate & all work fine 2.3.5 & 2.3.4 (except cm7 for the obvious reasons)

Guest KonstaT

yeh, sorry about that, i started a version from scratch & then ended up porting your version... totally forgot wacko.gif

i have tested on all roms for skate & all work fine 2.3.5 & 2.3.4 (except cm7 for the obvious reasons)

It's all OK. :)

Yeah, I'm sure that the power widget functions work, but there might be some problems elsewhere. It might have misplaced texts etc in usb-mounting procedure or at carrier label. I had mixed resource id issues like that when porting it from 2.3.4 again to 2.3.5.

It's all OK. :)

Yeah, I'm sure that the power widget functions work, but there might be some problems elsewhere. It might have misplaced texts etc in usb-mounting procedure or at carrier label. I had mixed resource id issues like that when porting it from 2.3.4 again to 2.3.5.

yep, your right it force closes on 2.3.5 when trying to connect usb storage... should be an easy fix though smile.gif

tillaz, Maybe you can help me.

I have the blade and i use the MCSF rom by WBAW which is based on the skate. do you think i can use those power widgets in it?

i need a really simple power widget. i'll be happy with only 2 buttons - wi-fi and rotate.

Guest gitf@ce

tillaz, Maybe you can help me.

I have the blade and i use the MCSF rom by WBAW which is based on the skate. do you think i can use those power widgets in it?

i need a really simple power widget. i'll be happy with only 2 buttons - wi-fi and rotate.

Try Notification Toggle (free off the market), then you can choose the buttons you want.

Guest Wacky.ddw

I like the noficationsbar a lot, its very usefull and this way i have more desktop space :D

But i have a question if i want to change the 6 icons to the 9 icons bar, can i just install it over the other bar? Or do i have to do the wipes, reinstall the rom and then install the other notificationsbar?

Allso can you modify the 6 icon bar with other functions? like remove the sync button with a screenbrightness button.

But i have a question if i want to change the 6 icons to the 9 icons bar, can i just install it over the other bar? Or do i have to do the wipes, reinstall the rom and then install the other notifications bar?

yes install the same way, over the top, no wipes required wink.gif

Guest painkiller_93

I installed the 6 icons bar on Bluemonte 1.8D and lot of things became pink, such as the wifi icon

Edited by painkiller_93

I installed the 6 icons bar on Bluemonte 1.8D and lot of things became pink, such as the wifi icon

sorry it looks like i have uploaded the pink version by mistake lol, will change it now smile.gif

Edited by tillaz

Guest painkiller_93

fixed, both blue & pink versions are now available smile.gif

great, thanks ;)

I've also noticed that with skate stock rom and this bluemonte 2.3.4 and 2.3.5 roms the floating point score is really low in Antutu, between 10 and 30, but with cyanogen I get more than 200. I think there must be a problem with the kernel, I remember this happening also on the ZTE Blade 2.6.35 kernel and Elitemovil could fix it, having again a high floating point score.

Edited by painkiller_93

Guest Wacky.ddw

How do i change the buttons to:

Wifi, Bluetooth, GPS, Airplanemodes, Sound, >>>BRIGHTNES<<<

Its the function i use the most in the stock powercontrol widget.

Edited by Wacky.ddw

• 2 weeks later...