LG Official Statements on Ice Cream Sandwich OS Update

Guest kenghua

Guest kenghua

"‎[LG Official Statements on Ice Cream Sandwich OS Update]

LG firmly denies the rumors that claim LG will not be providing the Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) OS update for the LG Optimus 2X. These rumors are NOT true. LG is currently in the process of planning the ICS OS update for the LG Optimus 2X as well as other LG high-end smartphones. Detailed information on the ICS OS update schedule for specific models will be announced, once the ICS OS is publicly released by Google. Please stay tuned for more updates from LG.

Thank you very much."

http://www.facebook....302292243115436

post-867813-0-64892500-1320234050_thumb.

Guest rjpa123

I've been bashing LG's facebook pages (US, UK and PT) this week demanding an official statement regarding the ICS update for the 2X.

If this is true, and LG keep their word, 2X users (like me) will finally have a smile on their face.

Edited by rjpa123

If this is true then :) :). Really Really want HW acceleration in Android

Maybe Google does have a Masterplan :D :) :D :)

On reading the posting, doesn't the tone of it sound a little terse, maybe all the bad comments they have been getting for the last few weeks and especially this weekend, have made some impact on their corporate feelings... let's hope so.

Guest mankian

Yeah I think so too. After reading comments on the official Gingerbread release on other threads, it really does look like someone at LG has said "right, sod GB now, just release it as is, looks like we gotta do ICS after all"... good news anyway.

Guest everett_psycho
Yeah I think so too. After reading comments on the official Gingerbread release on other threads, it really does look like someone at LG has said "right, sod GB now, just release it as is, looks like we gotta do ICS after all"... good news anyway.

So expect a crap ICS release when jelly and ice cream is due then

Guest rjpa123

We need LG to give us a stock ICS build, mess or not, so that custom builders can use the kernel drivers, clean up the code and make it usable.

The best example of this is Paul's FR19 compared to stock Froyo.

To build drivers for each component of the smart-phone it a difficult and time consuming task.

Look how long CM7 took to build a stable GB release.

I too tried the official GB update. It was so bad, two days later I decided to flash back to stock Froyo and install FR19 again.

I will patiently wait for Paul to make a stable GB kitchen before I venture into GB again.

Official ICS from LG for out O2X will probably be just as bad as GB, but we need it to serve as a baseline for further development for the community builders.

Has anyone got the GB update running?

I have no faith in LG, Froyo stock on our phone was a mess so why would GB or even ICS through LG be any different????

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.facebook.com/notes/lg-mobile/announcing-the-initial-plan-for-android-40-ice-cream-sandwich-upgrade/316431148368212

LG confirms today that the Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) OS will be initially available for the following high-end LG smartphones which were introduced this year: the Optimus 2X, the Optimus Black, the Optimus 3D and the Optimus LTE. We are also continuing to evaluate the ICS OS to determine whether it is compatible with the functionality, features and performance of other LG smartphones to make the ICS OS available on as many LG smartphones as possible.

In December this year, the forthcoming upgrade schedule and additional specific models for the ICS OS upgrade will be posted on our LG Mobile Global Facebook page (www.facebook.com/LGMobile) and on our local LG websites. Please stay tuned for more updates from LG.

Nice move LG, maybe all hope is not lost yet.