Android 2.3 update in development

Guest dom_b

I just bought my Dad an Acer Stream for £99 from expansys. I thought it was great value even on Froyo and the spec is great. Anyway, I thought I would email Acer and see if there was an Android 2.3 update on the way. Here's the response:

Dear support,

When will the Acer Stream be receiving an update to Android 2.3 or 4.0? The hardware is very good and the product is still listed as your flagship device on your website.

Many thanks

Our technical and development team are working on a high priority basis to meet the latest market requirements. After developing the new facilities it has to pass multiple tests, which requires more customisation to attain best user friendly results.

Once these facilities are ready we will definitely upload them on our website

Thank you for response as below but what does this mean? It seems rather vague. Can you please advise me if a 2.3 or 4.0 update is actually in development for the Acer Stream?

Our technical and development team are working on android 2.3 ,After developing the new facilities it has to pass multiple tests, which requires more customisation to attain best user friendly results.

Once these facilities are ready we will definitely upload them on our website, But right now they are not working on android 4.0 because still the version is not released.

Edited by dom_b