Official Gary Crutcher's ROM Discussion Thread

Guest Lancez

Guest Mikkle

Okay, I did the following:

adb shell

ls /system/bin

everything worked okay.

You may want to try to download busybox from the market and install and update to most current version.

My guess is that it is a problem with busybox (no one else had reported the problem). Busybox will create a link from /system/bin/ls to busybox.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, re-installed busybox, all ok now. For the record, ls is a symlink to /system/bin/toolbox

Anyway, both "ls /system" and "busybox ls /system" ok now.

Cheers, Gary!

/Mikkel

Guest Gary Crutcher

Did the rom install and kernel fix yesterday, all looking good and fast.

Thanks so much.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the feedback. :)

Guest Gary Crutcher

Just flashed, liking ics so far, 1 quick q is it possible to remove the boot animation sounds?

Remove the power-on file - it is in /system/etc/PowerOn.ogg

Guest stumbo

Just one issue discovered so far, SMS sent twice. Tried GO SMS and standard messaging. Same symptoms.

Guest Gary Crutcher

Just one issue discovered so far, SMS sent twice. Tried GO SMS and standard messaging. Same symptoms.

I don't use sms (use whatsapp) so I have not tried sms. Some users have said that LP7 is better than LPQ (users at xda-developers.com).

Maybe Samsung was in a hurry to release ICS and did not debug very well.

UPDATE: Here is a link to xda-developers.com which talks about this issue:

Duplicate Email on XXLPQ

Edited by Gary Crutcher

Guest travisb

Handcent issued an updated version which solved the double txt problem. Go SMS Pro still doing it. I had no issue with stock messaging app

Guest Gary Crutcher

Is it recommended to do a full wipe when coming from LPQ?

If you mean from LPQ to LP7, the LP7 ROM install I posted will wipe your data.

I always wipe my ROM before installing a new ROM. I even wipe it before doing a nandroid restore.

Prevents weird problems from occurring.

Guest jusumgeezer

Just tried installing this but it gets stuck on the Samsung boot screen, not sure why? Been using quite a few custom roms of 4.0 for a while without problems?

Guest JadeMonkee

If you mean from LPQ to LP7, the LP7 ROM install I posted will wipe your data.

I always wipe my ROM before installing a new ROM. I even wipe it before doing a nandroid restore.

Prevents weird problems from occurring.

Great stuff, thanks.

Guest Gary Crutcher

Just tried installing this but it gets stuck on the Samsung boot screen, not sure why? Been using quite a few custom roms of 4.0 for a while without problems?

Which ROM did you install? LPQ or LP7?

You may want to replace the kernel (which is ChainFire's kernel w/CWM) with the stock one for the ROM. It's easy to do. Just use WInzip or other zip program and replace the zImage file.

Guest daveba

Hi Gary

Thanks for LP7. Seems to work fine except for one niggle. My notifications on the pulldown seems to be grey on slightly less grey making it quite hard to read. Not sure if this is a artifact of the transparent notification area framework change ? Anyway we can fix that ?

Guest Gary Crutcher

Hi Gary

Thanks for LP7. Seems to work fine except for one niggle. My notifications on the pulldown seems to be grey on slightly less grey making it quite hard to read. Not sure if this is a artifact of the transparent notification area framework change ? Anyway we can fix that ?

If you can wait a little bit, I will remove the transparent pulldown and put it back to stock. It will be a CWM install file.

Guest Gary Crutcher

@daveba

You have 2 choices about the transparent pulldown:

1. You can install the CWM zip file below which will replace your your SystemUI.apk with one that has no transparent pulldown.

2. You can replace the tw_quickpanel_bg.png with the one below (It's a do-it-yourself operation in case you changed something in your SystemUI.apk and do not want to lose the change(s)) - it's the little black square.

post-557795-0-16442000-1332410206_thumb.

RemoveSysUITransparency.zip

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Guest Gary Crutcher

Do you need to wipe moving from lpq to lp7? Spent hours setting up phone like and don't really want to have to do it again!

If you are talking about using one on the ROMs I posted yes, as they wipe your data.

But if you have another non-wipe LP7, you can just install it. I would wipe the dalvik cache though and let the new ROM rebuild it.