ICS lookalike ROM

Guest Krste

this is just an experiental build to see if it could be done.........lets hope ICS source code is released as google said they would

It is possible to have the lock screen like in the screenshot?

Waiting for wifi fix ;)

Edited by dcav

Guest wicky feat

screenshots are on the 1st page of this thread and the battery life because its based on cm7 #248 is good

yes, i have seen the above screenshots. so it is exactly same as that of the above ones ?

Guest Racerboy

yes, i have seen the above screenshots. so it is exactly same as that of the above ones ?

well it would be kinda false advertising if it wasnt :rolleyes: it is the same :)

once i`ve released it i wont be updating it further until custom roms for the racer are created from the source code of ICS

Guest equiliym

well it would be kinda false advertising if it wasnt :rolleyes: it is the same :)

once i`ve released it i wont be updating it further until custom roms for the racer are created from the source code of ICS

nice.. sometimes its just not worth it, i should know..

Guest Racerboy

ICSv2 MOD for the Racer based on my #248 cm7 ROM (Market 3.3.11 is included, no need to install a seperate Gapps package)

fixed wifi and root permissions

Download: ROM HERE

Download: Ringlock ICS Mod HERE

Copy both files to sdcard

THINGS TO NOTE:

a complete full wipe of phone is VITAL for it to work so make a backup of your ROM before installing this 1 :)

installing the ROM will take a minute or 2, please be patient !!!!!!!

if when the rom is installed and you reboot and find yourself presented with diagonal lines across your screen, simply take out battery for a few seconds then replace, reboot in CWM, WITHOUT wiping ANYTHING install rom again and should be fine.

Once rom has reached the desktop screen select the box "use by default for this action" and then select "X10 Mini Launcher 3x3"

now to change the theme of the rom, goto app menu and select "Theme Manager" choose "Ice Cream Sandwich" and "Apply Anyway"

reboot into CWM and install the "ICS_Lock_MC7.1_WhitePressed-signed.zip" file, once installed reboot phone and icons and theme should be applied if not then repeat the Theme Manager step again and reboot :) enjoy

All credits goto XDA guys, i just made it work for the Racer, the hard work was already done!!!!!

there will be NO further updates for this ROM

Edited by Racerboy

Guest shharisree

itz a great rom so far..everythin seems to be 5ne at the moment...only kernal part ie touch sense to improve..

racerboy, your sharpness made u Razorboy..

Guest Racerboy

I've installed the white pressed zip twice but the lockscreen isn't changing :S

you should have CWM as your recovery so you can wipe totally before installing this rom and mod lockscreen, double check you have followed ALL the above procedure correctly :) i assure you it does work

post-910581-0-52675900-1320791217_thumb.

Edited by Racerboy

you should have CWM as your recovery so you can wipe totally before installing this rom and mod lockscreen, double check you have followed ALL the above procedure correctly :) i assure you it does work

post-910581-0-52675900-1320791217_thumb.

Yes, i've CWM and won't let me install i've done it twice

you`ve wiped :

dalvik

data

cache

boot

system

which version of CWM have you got installed ?

I've followed the procedure you've in the nightlies thread, i'm with cwm 4.0.1.5 touchscreen mod

It seems to install, i see that framework.res has been patched then i boot and the lockscreen is the same

Edited by dcav

Guest Racerboy

I've followed the procedure you've in the nightlies thread, i'm with cwm 4.0.1.5 touchscreen mod

re-download the Lockscreen Mod and copy to sdcard

ok wipe again completely, Install the rom but dont leave CWM select "wipe data/factory reset" and also wipe dalvik, now reboot, Once rom has reached the desktop screen select the box "use by default for this action" and then select "X10 Mini Launcher 3x3"

now to change the theme of the rom, goto app menu and select "Theme Manager" choose "Ice Cream Sandwich" and "Apply Anyway" reboot the phone to let it make changes, now reboot to CWM install Lockscreen Mod and reboot........happy days :) hopefully

Edited by Racerboy

re-download the Lockscreen Mod and copy to sdcard

ok wipe again completely, Install the rom but dont leave CWM select "wipe data/factory reset" and also wipe dalvik, now reboot, Once rom has reached the desktop screen select the box "use by default for this action" and then select "X10 Mini Launcher 3x3"

now to change the theme of the rom, goto app menu and select "Theme Manager" choose "Ice Cream Sandwich" and "Apply Anyway" reboot the phone to let it make changes, now reboot to CWM install Lockscreen Mod and reboot........happy days :) hopefully

Nothing :( After reading the lockscreen thread on xda it seems that others are having problems with last nightlies. I think there's nothing more to do.