It is very important, because the tool that unlocks the device.
Now we can install applications, etc.
ChevronWP7 Unlocker & Cert download - *here* + video tutorial
1. Connect Windows phone 7 (TG01 for me)
2. ON THE DEVICE go to cr-developers.co.cc/cwp7.cer and install. Lock the phone and leave it.
3. edit the properties of ChevronWP7.exe (I am running windows 7 64 bit.)
a. Run in compatibility mode XP SP3/Vists/Windows 7
b. Run as Admin.
c. Apply those changes and exit. DO NOT RUN IT YET
4. Start up the Zune software, and make sure it detects your phone
5. Run ChevronWP7 (If you get the pin code error, simply slide the lockscreen up so you can see the tiles, and run the program again.)
6. Then click all of the check boxes and unlock
There you go. This is just how it worked for me. If you have any questions, Ill try to help you.