Unlocking with Orange

Guest Filkonso

Guest Filkonso

Hey,

just wondering guys if anybody got any experience with unlocking the phone with Orange? My 3 months are due tomorrow so I'm prepared to give Orange a call, but dunno how does it work, as on their web the only thing they mention is the number to call and to have your IMEI at hand, but no word about cost or how long it takes.

Guest philmein

my 3 month is due today ill let you know how i get on

£20 7 to 10 days

got through gave my phone and imie number gut said upto 30 days for code they will text me then i top up £20 then bingo ( hopefully)

use the freephone number from post 56 here http://android.modaco.com/topic/347547-devs-unlocking-omc-progress-i-have-read-all-nvitems/page__st__40

Edited by philmein

Guest putbinoot

I thought my day was on the 7th 3 months after I bought the phone, phones up today and the guy says my imei was not registered until 30th August not on the 7th August when I bought it. Something about my details being updated then, maybe that was when credit ran out and I phoned up to top up or something that long ago I can't remember but he says that is when the imei was registered and that i would be using a default one prior to this for the phone to work. Is this bull s*** or what. Anybody know if this sort of thing rings true.

UPDATE: Phoned back and got a different guy who asked how long you have been with them gave him the 3 months line and he says ok and orders the code for me, I have to wait to be called by the unlock team who will tell me to top up once topped up the will email me the code. Trying to register a card now online but the site is not displaying correctly for me.

Edited by putbinoot

Guest philmein

I thought my day was on the 7th 3 months after I bought the phone, phones up today and the guy says my imei was not registered until 30th August not on the 7th August when I bought it. Something about my details being updated then, maybe that was when credit ran out and I phoned up to top up or something that long ago I can't remember but he says that is when the imei was registered and that i would be using a default one prior to this for the phone to work. Is this bull s*** or what. Anybody know if this sort of thing rings true.

i only updated my status a werk ago bought the phone 7th august but the bloke in the shop registered it for me i think he had just put xxx where the postcode should be and no address details were filled in

just hope orange do not give me the runaround

is there a way to check when you registered on the orange website i have used the website and logged in since the 7th aug but i only updated my address a week ago

Edited by philmein

Guest putbinoot

i only updated my status a werk ago bought the phone 7th august but the bloke in the shop registered it for me i think he had just put xxx where the postcode should be and no address details were filled in

just hope orange do not give me the runaround

is there a way to check when you registered on the orange website i have used the website and logged in since the 7th aug but i only updated my address a week ago

Don't know if you can check that stuff on the website.

Before I phoned back I phoned the orange shop were I bought the phone to confirm what I thought, that they register the imei when you buy the phone. The only other thing that happened was when I phoned up maybe to put credit on it they tied my name and details to the imei then, but the imei was registered on the network the day i bought it which is what the terms and conditions say i think. Anyway I just hung up on the first guy as he was not playing ball and phoned back ten minutes later.

Guest gitf@ce

UPDATE: Phoned back and got a different guy who asked how long you have been with them gave him the 3 months line and he says ok and orders the code for me, I have to wait to be called by the unlock team who will tell me to top up once topped up the will email me the code. Trying to register a card now online but the site is not displaying correctly for me.

Don't get your hopes up! Same thing happened to me, guy took all my details etc, etc... phoned them 2x weeks later to see what was happening and a lady said there was no record of the code being ordered, and that I have to wait till 25th Nov to order one!

Don't get your hopes up! Same thing happened to me, guy took all my details etc, etc... phoned them 2x weeks later to see what was happening and a lady said there was no record of the code being ordered, and that I have to wait till 25th Nov to order one!

Same here rang two weeks back liar or fibber no liar said it was logged and i would get a code in 7 to 10 days then when i rang back was told no way 3 month not up yet,

Guest Filkonso

Managed to phone them up today. Was told that it will take up to 30 working days (ages) to get a response from the unlocking department, who is going to contact me regards the unlock and then will have a week time to top up my credit by £20,42 (or more) to receive my unlock code. In theory it's sound quite easy, not sure if it's going to be so smooth tho! :]

Guest philmein

Managed to phone them up today. Was told that it will take up to 30 working days (ages) to get a response from the unlocking department, who is going to contact me regards the unlock and then will have a week time to top up my credit by £20,42 (or more) to receive my unlock code. In theory it's sound quite easy, not sure if it's going to be so smooth tho! :]

exactly the response i got when i called the yesterday

like you say just hope its gonna be smooth

Guest putbinoot

I got told 7 to 10 days.

Actually it will take too much of days to get the unlock codes from the service provider..Because I had one bitter experience with the service provider and i came to know about the online providers who gives reliable services.. You have not mentioned your mobile model and country... So just visit at ADVERTING SPAM.com and you can get the unlock codes quickly ..

Guest Chris_67

No need to continue here anymore, since we have a working OMC-unlock for free here now. For those that do not understand what has been written there, be patient, a detailed Tutorial will be out here on MoDaCo soon.

Edited by Chris_67