Photo

Want to unlock your OMC / Skate? Tutorial here!

* * * * * 9 votes

• Please log in to reply
718 replies to this topic

graeme1011

graeme1011

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:monte carlo
OMG, I GOT IT.

Thank you so much guys.

Problem 1 (QPST not detecting phone) solved by reinstalling it.
Problem 2 (QPST configuarator detecting phone, but software download not detecting) solved by choosing software download in configurator tab.

Problem 3 (start box greyed out) solved by reconnecting phone.

This stuff is way too advanced for me but I somehow got there in the end. Thank you guys.

dibbles

dibbles

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts
  • Interests:Life and family :)
  • Devices:Moto G Excite Pro Nexus 7
It is good that not only did you succeeded but you also posted solutions for others to read, if needed, on how your problems were overcome :)

blondejon

blondejon

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Devices:zte blade, transformer
  • Twitter:@@jonleeuk1
after locking it away for months and resigned to it being uselsss i now have an omc that works with my giff gaff sim, thanks so much for this :)

kn100

kn100

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate OMC
I get the phone into FTM mode, the computer detects the phone as a ZTE something or other with NO yellow triangle but Software Download does NOT pick up the phone. Any tips?

szaty

szaty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
network relock is possible?

jetman74

jetman74

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks for this guide.:)

I was being a bit noobish, my drivers hadnt installed properly. Re-installed them and followed the guide, it worked fine.

Thanks again.

Edited by jetman74, 30 November 2011 - 04:13 PM.

SWOriginal

SWOriginal

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade, Advent Vega
  • Twitter:@@SW0riginal
just to confirm the "QPST 2.7 Build 366" file needed to download is from ppcgeeks forum? (first link that shows up by searching "QPST 2.7 Build 366")

kn100

kn100

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate OMC
After realising stock recovery wasn't the same as Clockworkmod recovery..the guide went without a hitch. I now have an Orange Monte Carlo running on Three.
Thanks to everyone~!

Leo_uk

Leo_uk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi all,

I am wondering if anyone can help me on this as I am very stuck! So I got as far as installing stock recovery and backing up the mac address by saving the QCN file. However, when I go into FTM mode and run download.exe and hit start, it gets stuck at step 6/100 where the phone restarts several times but doesnt get further than that. OSF flasher gives up after several re-starts :(

Does anyone know how to get around this?

omc3g

omc3g

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Devices:OMC
hi thanks for the advice, got the phone unlocked which is great - the only bad thing is I can not get on the net on 02 UK PAYG i do not think i have wiped my internet settings as I can still get online with the Orange Sim. When the O2 sim is in it has the o2 info under the APN so do not understand what i am doing wrong please advise?

drdivx

drdivx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Unlocked, installed CWM & flashed CM7 on my mates MonteCarlo.
Many thanks to all on here for your hard work :)

manju.net

manju.net

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I am new to this forum, this is my first post.

Happy to say that i have successfully unlocked my OMC!! ... WOW... kudos to those guys who have done this possible...

Its time to donate!! :)

putbinoot

putbinoot

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300, Jiayu G3.

Hi all,

I am wondering if anyone can help me on this as I am very stuck! So I got as far as installing stock recovery and backing up the mac address by saving the QCN file. However, when I go into FTM mode and run download.exe and hit start, it gets stuck at step 6/100 where the phone restarts several times but doesnt get further than that. OSF flasher gives up after several re-starts :(

Does anyone know how to get around this?

When in FTM put your battery back in before you do anything.

Posted Image

Anagh

Anagh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate
how do u go to ftm mode? my phone never goes to ftm mode :(

LazyUnlock

LazyUnlock

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:OMC , Samsung G S
Hello All,

First of all , Kudos and gr8 work and thanks to all who created this tutorial and found the unlock methods.

I bought my OMC in sept and was waiting to unlock. Now that i have this , wanted to give a try.
I download the files in the tutorial but when i run the step 4 -->

Go into “Preparation” folder and run the “install-recovery-windows.bat”. This should flash stock recovery and reboot the phone.

It says device not found.. could you please help me... I have set the debugging mode ON.

Thanks

Nozz

Nozz

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
Post deleted.

Edited by Nozz, 04 December 2011 - 07:37 PM.

chunkyrice

chunkyrice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Thank you everyone for the work involved in this forum. I've just managed to unlock my OMC and am very pleased.

Slot-9

Slot-9

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate (Monte Carlo)
Bought OMC yesterday unlocked this afternoon. It did`nt go quite as instructed had to configure a port & then the phone was not recognized some how got there in the end ????

Loaded Atomic 1.6 very happy with the results a BIG THANK You to all concerned ;)

Bye bye san fransico :(

jcsymons

jcsymons

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Orange Monte Carlo
Hi

I am have problems copying the .txt file back to the system to reinstall the WIFI as it comes up as read only, any help would be appreciated

Monte_Jonte_Carlo

Monte_Jonte_Carlo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:OMC
Unlocked using the tutorial and worked no problems, So thanks to the guy who figured it out and decided not to charge people for the knowledge. Well done!

Decided to Flash a new Rom since I wasn't able to get the portable WiFi hotspot feature working. After activating the hotspot, the 3G would turn off after 5 seconds. Other phones can see and connect but not get through to the internet. Took it to the orange shop and the guy brought out a new one and tested that to see if it would do the same thing and it worked fine. I was able to connect through it Even had a replacement phone from orange but same issue, baffled...

Flashed a new ROM, was going to stick with Atomic 1.5 but took a punt and flashed atomic v1.6 and it looks impressive. Everything I've tried or tested has worked so far including the WiFi hotspot feature, all tested working. Just hope it stays that way. I haven't tried it with the original orange SIM, but T Mobile is fine. Installed flash 10 and BBCIplayer and myplayer. Both working over 3G as well.. Don't know why it says 4G in the top bar sometimes. Didn't think we were getting 4G data round my way. Should just read 3G+ like before, no? But this is great, I saved £20 and got a decent new ROM, Now all I need for Christmas is 720p and torch by LED, :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users