30 replies to this topic

JudasLucifer

JudasLucifer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts
  • Devices:Zte Blade

lol, these ZTE Orange phones are officially dead to me. A year ago or more the Original San Fran was a good deal for the price.

However, this new San Fran and the Monte Carlo are just full to the brim with compile FAIL. ARMv6 at this price or the price of the Monte Carlo are both a rip if you ask me. How long have ARMv7 chips been out now? Given ZTE's astronomical quantities of scale they still can't manage to get one in either this or the Monte Carlo?

Complete Nonsense.

Average Joe looking for his first smartphone for a bit of fun probably doesn't know or care about the difference between the types of architecture, and funnily enough it is pretty much aimed at him, not your Android-power user, who will buy the latest and greatest every few months.

Personally, I don't care much about Arm7 either. Flash just about works with ports to Arm6, and the original Blade with 600mhz Cpu and Adreno 200 wasn't exactly going to be playing Arm7-level games anyway.

As long as the price is low and it has generally good specs, newbies and others inexperienced in the Android world will buy it.

Sig.png

What Font Are You Using? (thats legible of course :P)

MarcinusMarcinusus

MarcinusMarcinusus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Devices:Zte Skate
Not again .

flibblesan

flibblesan

Token Northern bloke

• Assistant Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,651 posts
The Monte Carlo may be a big seller on the Orange website at the moment but it just isn't as popular as the San Francisco which was extremely popular. Orange sold a huge number of San Francisco devices, ZTE sold over 3 million worldwide. The Skate in all it's forms is no way near as popular due to the high price and specifications. Most people in the target market would have San Francisco phones already so why would they want to pay for another device that really isn't an upgrade?

That is why I say the Monte Carlo wasn't as well received. Because it's the truth. Sorry.

SUBZEROUK

SUBZEROUK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Devices:orange sanfrancisco
i think the san fran 2 looks great it looks much better than the orig by a long shot also looks like the camera on the back now has flash.But its just a complete waist of time tbh an 800mhz processer come on the blade only has a 600mhz processer if it cant support flash then whats the point.And unlike the sanfran is the sanfran 2 going to get software updates or is it just a quick fix for people who want android 2.3.2 out the box and then just like the sanfran it never gets updated complete waste of time

SUBZEROUK

SUBZEROUK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Devices:orange sanfrancisco
also with it being on orange it will smothered in their crap bloatware that will prevent it from being updated unless useless orange support firmware updates.I bet the san fran 2 os system is locked to orange aswell to stop you from unlocking it and going on to other networks im just sticking with my san fran for now

The Soup Thief

The Soup Thief

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 5 (N4 etc retired)
  • Twitter:@TheSoupThief
. . . . . . . , , , , , - - ( ) ( ) ' ' ' '
[missing from SUBZEROUK's previous comments]

ZTE, send us a big bucket of Warp action please - no reason for the Americans to have all the ZTE Snapdragon fun. This upgrade to the Blade over 14 plus months is so tiny as to be a bit annoying. Huawei are gonna whup your behinds in Europe when they get their distribution sorted out if you don't pick up the pace

tilal6991

tilal6991

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,781 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate, Huawei U8150
The problem with the Warp is that it is CDMA only. :(

If you like my work or if I helped, click the Plus button.

unrandomsam

unrandomsam

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 916 posts
  • Devices:Xperia Play / Xoom / ZTE Blade
It must be Orange asking for armv6 specifically.

(Look at cost difference between these and cheapest armv7 contract phone).

(Whereas Softbank / Boost Mobile asked for armv7)

There is only $10 you have to pay more to Qualcomm

(Unless there is a price fixing thing going on by Qualcomm not impossible).

joefez

joefez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
Just posting what I've seen - this was on the HOTUKDeals website an hour or so ago

http://www.hotukdeal...e-store-1060492

--------------------------------
Orange San Francisco II

Will be available in most stores nationwide from the 21st November. Theres a special promotion for the first week that they can reduce the price of the phone by £10 making it £99.99 inc Top up. Plus you'll also get the free Orange Xmas Gift box which includes Angle and Curve headphones which are worth £30 (they claim £60)

- Existing customers with phone fund can get an extra £10 deducted.

The Orange San Francisco II is the successor product to the market leading Orange San Francisco. Not only does the San Francisco II support HD Voice, but it also supports WiFi, Signal Boost & Mobile Mail. The Orange San Francisco II has a capacitive touchscreen and runs Android Gingerbread, so it’s fantastic value for money. Browse and download thousands of apps from Android Market, but there’s also a few handy Orange apps pre-installed. Get 2-for-1 cinema tickets with Orange Wednesdays, check your account via Your Orange, save or retrieve your number using contacts backup and browse Facebook and Twitter on the move.

ronc2000

ronc2000

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
At £99.99 inc Top up, OLED screen, front camera, 800MHz, it may be a better deal especially for people who prefer smaller screen

unrandomsam

unrandomsam

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 916 posts
  • Devices:Xperia Play / Xoom / ZTE Blade
Don't get where the OLED comes from

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users