The Trails of unlocking and bricking etc - Now sorted [mostly]

Guest Mikejgeo

Guest Mikejgeo

1) Like many of you I unlocked yesterday..... like many I had Wifi issues... the phone would not let me save my MMAC address [phone was rooted, etc etc]. In trying to repeated root it I ended up with a brick....

2) Somewhere in the above I managed to install Clockworkmod, downloaded stock orange rom to the SD card and reinstall.

3) Orange ROM booted ok AND its was still unlocked, ROM is shocking, so installed Bluemonte 1.8D

4) Phone crashed at the setup wizard point [yes i should have wiped all caches!]

5) ClockWorkMod not accessible

6) Ran the install for CWM again, gained access and wiped cache.

7) Rebooted, IT WORKS [except for Wifi].

Moral.... don't play with things! Will leave well alone and forget about Wifi

Guest tilal6991

1) Like many of you I unlocked yesterday..... like many I had Wifi issues... the phone would not let me save my MMAC address [phone was rooted, etc etc]. In trying to repeated root it I ended up with a brick....

2) Somewhere in the above I managed to install Clockworkmod, downloaded stock orange rom to the SD card and reinstall.

3) Orange ROM booted ok AND its was still unlocked, ROM is shocking, so installed Bluemonte 1.8D

4) Phone crashed at the setup wizard point [yes i should have wiped all caches!]

5) ClockWorkMod not accessible

6) Ran the install for CWM again, gained access and wiped cache.

7) Rebooted, IT WORKS [except for Wifi].

Moral.... don't play with things! Will leave well alone and forget about Wifi

If you follow the last step in my tutorial you should get WiFi working again :).

Guest Mikejgeo

If you follow the last step in my tutorial you should get WiFi working again :).

Thks but that is what gave me the problem with the unlock ROM from last night, various file managers could not save the edited text file with the new MAC address.

At the moment the phone works well [blue Monte ROM is quite nice - well done Tillaz] apart from wifi.

M

Edited by Mikejgeo

Guest tilal6991

Thks but that is what gave me the problem with the unlock ROM from last night, various file managers could not save the edited text file with the new MAC address.

At the moment the phone works well [blue Monte ROM is quite nice - well done Tillaz] apart from wifi.

M

Yes but in bluemonte it allows you to save the file.

Guest wrtease

i can give him the two files that he needs .i copied them from my phone so that you can just copy and paste them in the etc folder.if he wants them .it will just replace the old ones.

i also did this with cm7 rom and worked .

Edited by wrtease

Guest arnoldziq

i will upload the two files and let someone try this.please let me no if it works for you.

Why you guys, make your live harder ?

Why no one use GUI for ADB ? Like QtADB or many others ?

post-939973-0-51807300-1321119983_thumb.

You will get straight answer, you are rooted or no, are you able to write down fixed files or no...etc.

Guest glossywhite

Why you guys, make your live harder ?

Why no one use GUI for ADB ? Like QtADB or many others ?

post-939973-0-51807300-1321119983_thumb.

You will get straight answer, you are rooted or no, are you able to write down fixed files or no...etc.

Harder? I use Ubuntu which is easier (well, for a geek!).

PS: No offence guys, but never in my life have I come across SO SO many spelling errors on a forum, day after day. Surely the title should be edited from "trails" to "trials"?

I'm not taking this seriously, just chuckling when I see all the typos, but you're great folks!

Edited by glossywhite

PS: No offence guys, but never in my life have I come across SO SO many spelling errors on a forum, day after day. Surely the title should be edited from "trails" to "trials"?

Are you serious?! :lol:

Trail

Guest Mikejgeo

:rolleyes: , it was late....

Err at the moment, I cannot find a file viewer on the Blue Monte Rom, therefore cannot install from sdcard... [i have no 3G here or edge]. Mmmm, time to go to work will look at it later.

Guest matrix_44

i will upload the two files and let someone try this.please let me no if it works for you.

Excellent, just joined, unlocked my Monte Carlo, wrote the mac code down, but no matter how I followed the tutorial on how to change the 2 files, I could not get wifi to work, copied the 2 files provided to memory card and then used file manager on my rooted handset, and voila wifi works brilliant, hotspot etc, word of warning though, keep the provided to files on your memory card because if you change your rom, it will lose it again and you will need to do it all again, very easy to do, excellent job to everyone involved

Excellent, just joined, unlocked my Monte Carlo, wrote the mac code down, but no matter how I followed the tutorial on how to change the 2 files, I could not get wifi to work, copied the 2 files provided to memory card and then used file manager on my rooted handset, and voila wifi works brilliant, hotspot etc, word of warning though, keep the provided to files on your memory card because if you change your rom, it will lose it again and you will need to do it all again, very easy to do, excellent job to everyone involved

Word of warning though: Don't rush things up, calm and read everything before jumping into something, because you could have saved those files and others by reading this.

And now I suggest you follow this.

P.S.: Welcome to our community! :)

Edited by D3abL3

Guest Daddy Tickles

Word of warning though: Don't rush things up, calm and read everything before jumping into something, because you could have saved those files and others by reading this.

And now I suggest you follow this.

P.S.: Welcome to our community! :)

Sage advice. Less haste, something, something.:D