[tutorial] remove the logo on the backcover

Guest v1pEr

What it does

The method described before removes the logo on the backcover of your ZTE skate

What you need

1. A sugar cube (or just regular sugar but a cube is better)
  2. Patience (up to 30 minutes)
  3. Non-sweaty hands

How to do it

Take the sugar cube and rub it on a less visible part of the backcover (e.g. around the audio jack) to verify for yourself that the sugar does not make any scratches. Once you're convinced of this small miracle, start rubbing mildly on the logo. You can put quite some pressure on it but don't push the cube into the backcover for all you're worth: it WILL make scratches eventually.

Keep rubbing and eventually the logo will start to wear off until it is almost invisible.

th_P1210526.jpg

th_P1210527.jpg

th_P1210528.jpg

th_P1210529.jpg

Credits

Thanks go to glossywhite for pointing this out, I just made a new topic on it as his topic was not that descriptive in explaining how to do it for noobs like me.

• 1 month later...
Guest Redstarr1

Great tip. I ordered a Nillkin case from the UK though, don't really need to remove the branding because it's already covered. That glossy back cover just looked too easily scratched, and it's also way too prone to fingerprints. Also it's fun to show how fancy my phone is (girls tend to think it's an iPhone), but then remove the cover and reveal that I bought it in the Aldi. (Ehm no I don't really use my phone to seduce girls :D)

Guest dibbles

I have seen others write they have used a sugar lump to remove the logo from their blade back covers.

As I now have my Skate in a S-Curve cover, which adds a bit of class imo, I no longer see the Orange logo so why waste a good sugar lump :D

Guest Atomix86
I have seen others write they have used a sugar lump to remove the logo from their blade back covers.

As I now have my Skate in a S-Curve cover, which adds a bit of class imo, I no longer see the Orange logo so why waste a good sugar lump

What colour is yours? Logo still shows through on my blue one.

Guest dibbles

Mine is a black case and you cannot see the logo. IIRC when I have looked at my wife's phone you can see the logo through her purple one.

The black case is far less translucent than the blue, in fact it is not see through at all as it is a very solid two tone black. The two tones representing the case as a whole and then the S-Curve part which has a different rubberised texture.

Edited by dibbles