Tutorial - Get your MAC Address if you already unlocked - NOW UP!

Guest tilal6991

OK thanks i manage to do that now coming up as COM9 so do i just load QPST Software Download again go into backup...

Yes now you just follow the tutorial on 1st page ;)

Guest Christian Edwards

It's up to you. The benefit of fixing it permanently is just that you don't need to edit the nv_4319.txt file every time you flash a new rom.

I flashed the updated CM yesterday and the WIfi worked straight away but the Mac Address is neither what I put in the nv_4319.txt or 11:22:33:44:55:66, but something else but as it works I won't worry about it.

Guest Geeks Squad

OK i've done all of that on the part of restore i restore the QCN file and the phone just keep resetting itself now with the android green man on the screen and OPST Software Download saying "could not communicate in Diagnostoc mode" any help on this part?

Guest PhilAtkinson

Several days ago I unlocked my phone which is great but I am having a problem with trying to get my WiFi to work. I've followed the instructions to the letter but am having a problem trying to get my QPN file restored.

Basically I have my phone in FTM mode & I was able to backup my nvitems. Then I went in & changed the "11 22 33 44 55 66" with my Wi-Fi MAC address. This file was saved as updated.qcn & I then open the file to check that it has the correct WiFi address in, which it does. Then I go back to my phone which is still in FTM mode & I select Software Download and then restore; finally I select my phone, which is the only port displaying & the name of the updated.qcn file. The update progresses to 100% but then, before I can select Exit due to it being greyed out the link to the phone is lost & I get the message 'Could not Communicate in Diagnostic Mode". The phone then continues to reboot but when I use it I still cannot use WiFi & the WiFi MAC address is stil '11 22 33 44 55 66'. I've also tried the automated QCN WiFi MAC patcher for Windows but once again it fails when I come to restore the QCN file.

There must be something that I am doing incorrectly but I cannot work out what it is? Can anybody help?

Several days ago I unlocked my phone which is great but I am having a problem with trying to get my WiFi to work. I've followed the instructions to the letter but am having a problem trying to get my QPN file restored.

Basically I have my phone in FTM mode & I was able to backup my nvitems. Then I went in & changed the "11 22 33 44 55 66" with my Wi-Fi MAC address. This file was saved as updated.qcn & I then open the file to check that it has the correct WiFi address in, which it does. Then I go back to my phone which is still in FTM mode & I select Software Download and then restore; finally I select my phone, which is the only port displaying & the name of the updated.qcn file. The update progresses to 100% but then, before I can select Exit due to it being greyed out the link to the phone is lost & I get the message 'Could not Communicate in Diagnostic Mode". The phone then continues to reboot but when I use it I still cannot use WiFi & the WiFi MAC address is stil '11 22 33 44 55 66'. I've also tried the automated QCN WiFi MAC patcher for Windows but once again it fails when I come to restore the QCN file.

There must be something that I am doing incorrectly but I cannot work out what it is? Can anybody help?

You did everything good, except one thing that is not described I think.

After you press Start it will start the process of restoring, when the phone shuts down at almost the end it should boot back in FTM but it doesn't.

To solve this you must hold Volume Down after it shuts down, so keep an eye on your phone ;)

Guest PhilAtkinson

You did everything good, except one thing that is not described I think.

After you press Start it will start the process of restoring, when the phone shuts down at almost the end it should boot back in FTM but it doesn't.

To solve this you must hold Volume Down after it shuts down, so keep an eye on your phone ;)

Thanks for this. I have just redone the whole process & held down the volume button after the phone updates the QCN, shuts down & it then restarts in FTM mode. Then I take the battery out to restart the phone & excitedly expected to see my new WiFi address only to see the old '11 22 33 44 55 66' again. So I must have done something wrong again! How do I restart the phone when it is displaying the FTM mode? If what I have done is correct there must be something else I am doing wrong? Any ideas?

Thanks for this. I have just redone the whole process & held down the volume button after the phone updates the QCN, shuts down & it then restarts in FTM mode. Then I take the battery out to restart the phone & excitedly expected to see my new WiFi address only to see the old '11 22 33 44 55 66' again. So I must have done something wrong again! How do I restart the phone when it is displaying the FTM mode? If what I have done is correct there must be something else I am doing wrong? Any ideas?

Well first let us know the address of the 11:22:33:44:55:66 on the *.qcn. Is it 0x1e08 to 0x1d0d?

Also before you reply here reflash the ROM you have(no wipes needed, just flash). Unless you have the Stock ROM(?)

Guest PhilAtkinson

Ok; I've reflashed my ROM which is BlueGinger v 2. Now the WiFi address is unknown but when I try & connect it is not possible to. When I review the WiFi address again it is still 11 22 33 44 55 66.

I'm not too sureof the actual address so I enclose a copy of the screen in XV132 Hex Editor showing the '11 22 33 44 55 66' which appears on line 1DF3!

Thanks for your help.

post-671995-0-78900500-1321494509_thumb.

Ok; I've reflashed my ROM which is BlueGinger v 2. Now the WiFi address is unknown but when I try & connect it is not possible to. When I review the WiFi address again it is still 11 22 33 44 55 66.

I'm not too sureof the actual address so I enclose a copy of the screen in XV132 Hex Editor showing the '11 22 33 44 55 66' which appears on line 1DF3!

Thanks for your help.

I really doubt the location of your MAC Address is different then all of us... Look for 1E00

Txiiiiiiiiii... I just noticed your reading program is different then mine, maybe that's why it's located differently(?)... Would you mind sending me your .qcn please?

Edited by D3abL3

Guest PhilAtkinson

I've emailed two files to you; my original qcn & my updated qcn file. I'm off to bed now so will catch up with you tomorrow.

I really doubt the location of your MAC Address is different then all of us... Look for 1E00

Txiiiiiiiiii... I just noticed your reading program is different then mine, maybe that's why it's located differently(?)... Would you mind sending me your .qcn please?

Guest PhilAtkinson

Couldn't let it lie; I've just used a different Hex Editor & I can see that '11 22 33 44 55 66' is located at 1E00 as you have suggested.

I've emailed two files to you; my original qcn & my updated qcn file. I'm off to bed now so will catch up with you tomorrow.

Couldn't let it lie; I've just used a different Hex Editor & I can see that '11 22 33 44 55 66' is located at 1E00 as you have suggested.

Yes, I just verified that too and the file you corrected is fine.

On your phone using an explorer go to /system/etc/ and open the file NV_4319.txt, there should be 2 lines writing mac address, ignore the one starting with #, and replace the mac address written on the 2nd line with the one you used on the *.qcn. Do the same for NV_4329.txt if it exists. Save, reboot and verify.

Edited by D3abL3

Guest tilal6991

Have you put the battery in ftm mode?!

Guest putbinoot

And what difference will that make?

I think some usb ports don't supply any or sometimes not enough power to the phone putting battery back in gives phone power, i had to do this when unlocking.

Guest PhilAtkinson

I've tried editing the NV_4319.txt file but I am not able to. This suggests that I do not have root access to the device which may be the reason why I am not able to rename the QCN file perhaps? Since I have followed the instructions to the letter, I am confused as to why I don't have root access to my device. I've followed all instructions to the letter, have BlueGinger V 2 installed & have unlocked my phone; it's all done except for the WiFi step. Perhaps there is something else that I have not done, which was not detailed anywhere?

Any ideas?

Guest metal.mickey

HI All

i cant seem to get my OMC back into FTM mode when i plug in the data cable with the battery out.

removed battery

connected data cable with the - vol down

The phone goes into a loop with the green android and i get a buzz and a click from the phone.

Im trying to get my mac address back, will having clockwork mod instaled make a difference

Thanks

MM

Guest PhilAtkinson

No, I used the BlueGinger ROM & followed all instructions to the letter; this was unlocked before the QCN methodology was listed so I have subsequently been back into FTM mode, downloaded the QCN file, HEX edited it & reloaded it back to the phone. It does not seem to be uploaded to the phone as my WiFi address is still 11 22 33 44 55 66 . As D3abL3 has suggested I have tried to edit the NV-4319.txt file & I was not able to since I did not have access to it. That's where I am right now.

did you use stock rom and do ftm then the guide.did you backup the qcn file then use the hex editer.