You need to have stock recovery at the start of this tutorial. You can do it in the same way as you unlocked
- You should already have QPST installed
- Download a Hex Editor for Windows - anyone is fine - Google "Hex Editor" and install it
- Put your phone into FTM mode - the same way as for unlocking
- Go to your start menu, QPST and then run Software Download
- Go to "Backup" tab and backup your nvitems
- Open your hex editor and open the *.qcn file that you saved with QPST
- Search for "11 22 33 44 55 66" with your hex editor
- Replace this with the MAC address you wrote down when you unlocked.
- Save the file
- Go back to "Software Download" and go to restore and choose to restore the saved *.qcn
I get to 5. and on the Backup tab, I have No Active Ports.
EDIT: I went into "QPST Configuration" and added new port in the Ports tab. Then the Software Download app found it
Edited by King Mustard, 13 December 2011 - 02:23 PM.