- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

bloomsan

bloomsan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
The GB_BP_P743V1.0.0B04.zip needs to be installed using the FTM flash tool . If you use this method make sure to write down your mac address as it will probably revert to 11 22 33 etc. Then you'll have to make a back up using the Qualcomm software downloader edit it with a hex editor etc see pinned topics and the excellent tutorials that cover all these issues.GB_BP_P743V1.0.0B01.zip can be installed via clockworkmod and is virtually identical apart from a different bootscreen and it has facebook pre-installed. Again any issues make sure you read the tutorials thoroughly.

jojozep

jojozep

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:OMC
  • Devices:OMC

The GB_BP_P743V1.0.0B04.zip needs to be installed using the FTM flash tool . If you use this method make sure to write down your mac address as it will probably revert to 11 22 33 etc. Then you'll have to make a back up using the Qualcomm software downloader edit it with a hex editor etc see pinned topics and the excellent tutorials that cover all these issues.GB_BP_P743V1.0.0B01.zip can be installed via clockworkmod and is virtually identical apart from a different bootscreen and it has facebook pre-installed. Again any issues make sure you read the tutorials thoroughly.

Thanks so much bloomsan. I've been trying to load my OMC with GB_BP_P743V1.0.0B0x.zip (did not realise that there are 2 versions ! and that some can be done by CW and others by FTM).

From what you say GB_BP_P743V1.0.0B01.zip can be installed by Clockwork (with NO MAC address problems) and B04 must be installed by FTM (giving MAC address problems).
Where can I find/download GB_BP_P743V1.0.0B01.zip (looked in this thread and could only find B04).

Also refer to Post #45 by xiaoyaoswim (26dec11) - To run the FTM flash tool will cause loss of your NVitems. So if you want flash stock ROMs by the FTM flasher, you will have to back up a qcn file by QPST beforehand and then restore it after using FTM flasher.

I've been trying to load my OMC with a Stock ROM for a few weeks and after Unlocking OMC have spent my time sifting through the miles of posts that lead me from one place to another. Hopefully the issue of using FTM/Clockwork is settled. Do you have any more tips for my endeavour.

PS: Noticed that the contents of some Stock ROM ZIP files contain different number of files er. 3 or 16 files. Does this give an indication how they can be used eg. by CW of by FTM ?
3x - boot.img, recovery.img, system.img

16x - boot.img, recovery.img, system.img, amss.mbn, amsshd.mbn, appsboot.mbn, appsboothd.mbn, cefs.mbn, dest-10.ini, oemsbl.mbn, oemsblhd.mbn, partition.mbn, partition_zte.mbn, qcsbl.mbn, qcsblhd_cfgdata.mbn, recovery.img, splash.img

PPS: If you install CW do you loose FTM and if so can you get back FTM ?

Thanks a million.

Edited by jojozep, 14 January 2012 - 11:18 PM.

bloomsan

bloomsan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
You can download it from here : http://www1422.megau...43V1.0.0B01.zip Remember you will have to install clockworkmod first as per tutorial. Remember to follow Wacky.ddw's excellent tutorial here : http://android.modac...for-beginners/. Copy rom onto your sdcard . Basically install clockworkmod as per tutorial boot into clockworkmod, wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition, advanced > wipe dalvik cache, install zip from sdcard, choose zip from sdcard and reboot. Please read the tutorial thoroughly.

bloomsan

bloomsan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
The zip contains 2 folders META-INF,system & boot.img and recovery.img. Looking at some of the Roms on my computer all the ones flashable by CWM seem to have this structure. You do lose FTM mode when you install CWM and have to install or re-install the stockrom from scratch.

bloomsan

bloomsan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

jojozep

jojozep

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Here's another link : http://files.podtwo....date_signed.zip

A very BIG thank you. You gave me the confidence to give it a go. Wish me luck.

bloomsan

bloomsan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

A very BIG thank you. You gave me the confidence to give it a go. Wish me luck.

Best of luck!

jojozep

jojozep

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
@bloomsan

Just wanted to let you know that by your clear advice/instructions I managed to load GB_BP_P743V1.0.0B01.zip
using ClockWorkMod to my OMC - and its working great.

The only surprise was that when installing ClockWork I was asked to install android_winusb.inf (remember if using XP then XP version) and winusbcoinstaller2.dll - even though these were previously installed when unlocking.

Thanks again bloomsan.

bloomsan

bloomsan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

@bloomsan

Just wanted to let you know that by your clear advice/instructions I managed to load GB_BP_P743V1.0.0B01.zip
using ClockWorkMod to my OMC - and its working great.

The only surprise was that when installing ClockWork I was asked to install android_winusb.inf (remember if using XP then XP version) and winusbcoinstaller2.dll - even though these were previously installed when unlocking.

Thanks again bloomsan.

Yeah seems to be some issues with XP and drivers I use Windows 7 and everything goes pretty well. Anyway you are now free of Orange, glad to have helped.

kxiekxie

kxiekxie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello, Does someone has the official (stock) Greek rom for Zte skate?
Thank you.

MadeInMachines

MadeInMachines

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Devices:Orange Monte Carlo / ZTE Skate
Which ones are free of bloatware? I need the UK English one
Thanks

bloomsan

bloomsan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Which ones are free of bloatware? I need the UK English one
Thanks

The one from this link: http://files.podtwo....date_signed.zip is the Generic Skate rom which is bloat free, install using Clockworkmod.

abZZolut

abZZolut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi! I need advice help... I have an original ZTE Skate on Generic P743V1.0.0B19. I am sick and tired of low speed, crashing quits and reboots... :( Originally there was B15 and it was much worse... I have no opportunity of getting a PC (i'm on a trip now, so i have no CWM root) i flashed it by a bin file. I need a lot a stable, quick, w/o additional software ROM by a single bin file. Please, please someone help me to get happiness... ;)

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 5

Links to my stuff: SlimBean (Android 4.2.2), RootBox (CM/AOKP/PA mix 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly2 (AOSPA 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly (JB), ParanoidAndroid (ICS), MokeeOS (GB), CM7.2 (GB), SKatie (GB), SwedishSnow (GB), Kernels
If you like my contribution to Android community, click donate button on my page at: http://ceco.sk.eu.org
Please, do not use personal conversation to solve your problems. Use forum - its power is often underestimated. If I can't help somebody else will certainly try to. Thanks.

abZZolut

abZZolut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Look here:

http://android.modac...-now-available/

Thank you very much! It's very well done! Thanks once more & best way to you in everything!!! ;)

kxiekxie

kxiekxie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
This is official stock Greek rom.I was exported by following the guide below with the ClockworkMod.
I tried it on my skate with success!!!--->
Instructions for complete backup STOCK ROM phone Orange Monte Carlo / ZTE Skate (including the original recovery)
http://translate.goo...3p17212&act=url

It is 2.3.5

Model Number
ZTE SKATE

Android version

Publishing basic spectrum
P743B01

Kernel version
2.6.35.7-perf
zte-kernel @ zdroid-SMT

Version
ZTE-SKATEV1.0.B01

The link--->

https://rapidshare.c...K_GREEK_ROM.rar

USE at your own risk! It does not take any responsibility for damages
FAILURE CAUSED THE PROCESS!

Edited by kxiekxie, 05 February 2012 - 06:16 PM.

Voxpop2011

Voxpop2011

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • Devices:Vodafone Smart 4 mini
As a practice exercise and to see how it looks and behave, I am trying to install Skate stock rom GB_BP_P743V1.0.0B01 that I downloaded on my phone via CWM. I have performed all the necessary wipes, but I am getting this error message:

"Finding update package …
Opening update package …
E: Can't open /sdcard/update.zip
(No such file or directory)
Installation aborted"

I am confused. Does this mean that the zip file is not actually on the sdcard, or do I need the 'previous version' to GB_BP_P743V1.0.0B01?

It is not clear to me how to actually get the stuff on the sdcard in any event, so I would welcome some instruction.

Thanks people.

Due to a terrible miscalculation of scale the entire battle fleet was accidentally swallowed by a small dog.

billpine

billpine

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Devices:HTC Hero

The one from this link: http://files.podtwo....date_signed.zip is the Generic Skate rom which is bloat free, install using Clockworkmod.

Praise the lord - been looking for this for hours!

bloomsan

bloomsan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Praise the lord - been looking for this for hours!

Hallejulah!

billpine

billpine

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Devices:HTC Hero

Hallejulah!

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users