Wasted £20 for unlocking from orange :(

Guest PraveenVS

Guest PraveenVS

i had called Orange customer services a couple days back for unlocking code as 3 months period had been finished . I could have done it for free by the guys from modaco . Feels sad to lose £20 just for an unlocking code.

i had called Orange customer services a couple days back for unlocking code as 3 months period had been finished . I could have done it for free by the guys from modaco . Feels sad to lose £20 just for an unlocking code.

If you haven't already unlocked, you could possibly do the community a favour, and wait until you get the unlock code from Orange. Then dump the NVitems from the phone using QPST, unlock the phone through the Orange code, and then dump the phone's contents again so that we may compare the two to see if an easier unlock is possible.

Guest glossywhite

That's life. Sorry for the cost, but either way, it's better to be free from the shackles of a crap network! :P

If you wait long enough, most things become cheaper (and some free), but no point dwelling on it; that's just how it pans out dude.

Edited by glossywhite

That's life. Sorry for the cost, but either way, it's better to be free from the shackles of a crap network! :P

If you wait long enough, most things become cheaper (and some free), but no point dwelling on it; that's just how it pans out dude.

I guess the best way to think of it is...its only £20 and that not much of a price to pay compared to other things.

Guest glossywhite

I guess the best way to think of it is...its only £20 and that not much of a price to pay compared to other things.

Yes. Consider this: you don't have to futz about with QPST and flashing, but the caveat is £20.

Guest unrandomsam

I thought you had to have the credit in at a certain time or they wouldn't send the code ?

Think of an imaginative way to get some of it back into your account.

(You can set up a premium rate text service fairly easily there is a few other options also).

Guest glossywhite

I thought you had to have the credit in at a certain time or they wouldn't send the code ?

(You can set up a premium rate text service fairly easily there is a few other options also).

Set up a way of ripping people off (and yes, premium texts are just that), to account for a mere £20?

:huh:

Seriously, it's just £20. Why bother!

Edited by glossywhite

Guest philmein

you are correct i ordered a code they have took no money till the code is ready then you have to top up £20

they can now shove the code where the sun don't shine.