QPST works perfectly using XP 32 bit guest, in VirtualBox 4.1.6 on Ubuntu 11.10 x64

Guest glossywhite

Guest glossywhite

Just here to let you all know that I run Ubuntu 11.10 64 bit, and VirtualBox 4.1.6 running an XP 32 bit guest OS, runs QPST fine. If anyone needs help, let me know.

thanks

Edited by glossywhite

Guest Indiant

Just here to let you all know that I run Ubuntu 11.10 64 bit, and VirtualBox 4.1.6 running an XP 32 bit guest OS, runs QPST fine. If anyone needs help, let me know.

thanks

And what can you do with that? Please explain a bit.

Guest glossywhite

And what can you do with that? Please explain a bit.

QPST is a Qualcomm tool for reading & writing low level NV items. If you need to ask, you ought to leave this alone.

Guest Indiant

QPST is a Qualcomm tool for reading & writing low level NV items. If you need to ask, you ought to leave this alone.

If I don't ask how I learn it? When you born you already know that???

If I don't ask how I learn it? When you born you already know that???

Sorry glossy but I have to agree here.

I didn't even know what QPST was and I'm all happy working with it now ;)

Guest Indiant

thanks

I need help, to connect Skate phone to pc. It needs a special serial cable. I can not use usb cable, can't I? Where is the serial connector on the phone?

Update: I can connect with usb too.

Edited by Indiant

• 1 month later...
Guest martins21a

thanks

Did you manage to get the unlocking of the Monte Carlo to work using VirtualBox? At the moment, I do not have direct access to a Windows PC, only on a system running Xubuntu 11.10. On this I have VirtualBox version 4.1.8 running XP with SP3 as guest. The first steps to unlocking seemed to go OK, and I can get QPST to run, and the phone can be booted to show FTM. Sometimes it was necessary to disconnect the phone i.e. untick the USB connection on VirtualBox (the phone shows up on Devices -> USB Devices at the top) and then tick it again. Sometimes QPST informed me of 'no phone'. But I saved the QCN file as far as I can see. For info COM4 was the port that it was detected on.

The problem is with running the download.exe file. Upon double clicking, I can get it to show 'Start', but it never gets above 6/100 before failing. I can start it again from 0/100 by unticking and ticking the USB again, but it still makes no more progress. To some extent it seems as though the phone disappears from XP (although not from VirtualBox). I am not sure what more I can try, until I get access to a Windows PC, as all the forums seem to suggest unlocking can only be done through Windows. I am surprised that others have not come across this problem, but there are few mentions of VirtualBox here. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

[EDIT 5 Jan 2012: Never made any progress using VirtualBox. Successfully rooted the OMC using a standard Windows XP machine]

Edited by martins21a