Galaxy Nexus Owners - First thoughts

Guest GriZlore

Guest GriZlore

What are your first thoughts guys and gals?

I have had mine for a few hours now, and just getting to know it. Its a very quick device and stylish device and I am impressed.

I think the main thing I have to get used to is Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS).

I have lost a few apps, for example BBC iPlayer. The market tells me these are not compatble with the GN (or is that ICS?). Which I guess (hope) will come soon as the app is updated.

I am looking forward to tweaking it to my taste and seeing what it can do.

I love a new phone :)

Guest MonkeyBoy451

Have had mine for a few hours now and still in the OMG, its shiny and new stage... not done much playing with it yet as backing up and wiping my old Desire to pass on to a family member.

Screen looks fantastic, operation is silky smooth and ICS looks great. Getting on ok without the buttons and lots of things seem familiar from using Honeycomb on my Asus Transformer. :)

Just about to download Superboot and get the Galaxy rooted though, then will start putting all my apps back on via the market!

What are your first thoughts guys and gals?

I have had mine for a few hours now, and just getting to know it. Its a very quick device and stylish device and I am impressed.

I think the main thing I have to get used to is Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS).

I have lost a few apps, for example BBC iPlayer. The market tells me these are not compatble with the GN (or is that ICS?). Which I guess (hope) will come soon as the app is updated.

I am looking forward to tweaking it to my taste and seeing what it can do.

I love a new phone :)

Hi, I have seen comments that there is no flash support in ICS (yet) which would stop iPlayer from working. The BBC really needs to make a proper Android app.

Guest chingf0rd

Got mine today. It is very nice compared to the Desire Z that I've been lugging around for the last year. A bit plasticky, but then I got it for ICS and the stock Google experience.

One big problem I have at the moment is that I can't seem to reconnect back to my 5ghz wifi. Not sure what happened but it was fine for the first few hours and now I can't get an IP address and have to resort back to 2.4ghz G which is a shame...wonder if it's a bug in ICS....

Overall happy and still finding my way round this new OS.

Edited by chingf0rd

Guest Stevie B

Mine is 4 days old now Here's my feelings on the new Nexus...

After 2+ years of earlier android incarnations, it's taking me a while to find my way around ICS. I haven't suffered from the volume problem (on Orange network) so far, so that has to be a plus. I am hoping / looking forward to NFC enablement in the UK as this is one of the reasons for getting this phone. All my apps run fine

Love how it feels in the hand.

For its size it is so light after my HTC Desire

Impressed with the screen and clarity

Love the camera's quick response

ICS looks polished - screen transitions are lovely,

Dislikes:

Battery is terrible so far! Best attained is 21 hours but am hoping this will improve.

Can't get used to the power on button switch location.

Occasional stuttering when flicking through the app draw

Picture gallery doesn't filter out music thumbnails etc.

Honestly, I have thought to myself "should have got an S2", but then I reflect on that moment of madness and say NAH! I've got a shiny SGNexus running ICS and life is good :)