Android 4.0.x on ZTE Racer

Guest LordCrash

Guest Racerboy

The touchscreen is defiantly a kernel issue, here's how it was solved on HTC Sensation's ICS build

https://github.com/B...dcfb26841705326

ya, i have the blade fixes for the same thing from t0mm13b`s github, but everytime i try and compile the kernel i get numerous errors..........i`ll start from scratch today and try again.........good news is we have audio now yay!!!!!!

Guest equiliym

ya, i have the blade fixes for the same thing from t0mm13b`s github, but everytime i try and compile the kernel i get numerous errors..........i`ll start from scratch today and try again.........good news is we have audio now yay!!!!!!

do you have latest racer kernel source? the only thing related i have is quite old.. and wont boot lol xD if you do have, do post what github you got it, if not on git then nvm p;

Guest Racerboy

do you have latest racer kernel source? the only thing related i have is quite old.. and wont boot lol xD if you do have, do post what github you got it, if not on git then nvm p;

deadlinks github here which seems to have been modified with the zoom hack version, need to use the t0mm13b`s touch driver, replace it with this 1 here

Guest equiliym

deadlinks github here which seems to have been modified with the zoom hack version, need to use the t0mm13b`s touch driver, replace it with this 1 here

baaaw now i need to redownload everything lol, thanks, will check those out :P

edit: err.. thanks again, this explains few things to me that made me hit my head hard >.<

Edited by equiliym

Guest Vlatko25

baaaw now i need to redownload everything lol, thanks, will check those out :P

edit: err.. thanks again, this explains few things to me that made me hit my head hard >.<

nice work guys,i think deadlink said that he will release new kernal 1/2 december from the latest source code,which i think will help a lot in the progres of creating kernal for ics:D

i am happy to hear that audio is fixed,i always give support

i wish i could help in compiling and develpoing kernals and romsD:

Guest equiliym

nice work guys,i think deadlink said that he will release new kernal 1/2 december from the latest source code,which i think will help a lot in the progres of creating kernal for ics:D

i am happy to hear that audio is fixed,i always give support

i wish i could help in compiling and develpoing kernals and romsD:

where did you hear that about new kernel? would like to ask him to try a virtualkeys synaptic that i have if i dont manage to make it boot again

Guest Vlatko25

where did you hear that about new kernel? would like to ask him to try a virtualkeys synaptic that i have if i dont manage to make it boot again

in 4pda forum he said about new release of the kernal,sure i can ask him about thatD:

i will do everything to help fixing ics mod:D

i have aksed him and waiting for reply,cause i am going to work now if i could give you his answer when at work i will write you here:D

Guest equiliym

This is fantastic news! 2.6.32 is so old it's not even funny... ;)

no one said there will be a new kernel, i guess they will just tweak the current one.. would be nice to go over 2.6.35.x or something even newer but low chances

in 4pda forum he said about new release of the kernal,sure i can ask him about thatD:

i will do everything to help fixing ics mod:D

i have aksed him and waiting for reply,cause i am going to work now if i could give you his answer when at work i will write you here:D

in short, i saw t0mm13b synaptic input driver for ics fix has virtualkeys.synaptics-rmi-touchscreen separated from kernel and my guess it its in /etc, similar to rexchuns kernel i guess that we dont have the code for.. but we do have his virtualkeys.msm-touchscreen file

you can see the difference in synaptics_i2c_rmi.c file

deadlink:

static const char ts_keys_size[] = "0x01:102:42:335:10:10:0x01:158:204:335:10:10";

#else

static const char ts_keys_size[] = "0x01:102:51:503:102:1007:0x01:139:158:503:102:1007:0x01:158:266:503:102:1007";

#endif

static ssize_t virtualkeys_show(struct device *dev,
while in t0mm13b's synaptic file:
const char ts_keys_size_synaptics[] = "0x01:102:51:503:102:1007:0x01:139:158:503:102:1007:0x01:158:266:503:102:1007";

struct attribute ts_key_report_attr_synaptics = {

.name = "virtualkeys.synaptics-rmi-touchscreen",

.mode = S_IRWXUGO,

};
now as i can see, thus not having that virtualkeys.synaptics-rmi-touchscreen and having rexchuns virtualkeys.msm-touchscreen, those values can be changed and tried to see if the screen gets better response here is rexchuns virtualkeys.msm-touchscreen file
0x01:102:30:350:40:60:0x01:139:120:350:50:60:0x01:158:210:350:40:60

now i might just be talking nonsense but rexchuns B02 rom had the most perfect screen calibration and touch response WITHOUT touch_to_key as same as deadlinks new kernel, i think he should just check this

Edited by equiliym

Guest Racerboy

just about to boot vm box so i`ll check both sets, hopefully get some results :)

oh and the synaptics_i2c_rmi file would go in usr/idc

Edited by Racerboy

Guest equiliym

just about to boot vm box so i`ll check both sets, hopefully get some results :)

oh and the synaptics_i2c_rmi file would go in usr/idc

i should like.. totally delete the upper post xD

well anyway, yes, my bad, i forgot what i was searching for, the related file is probably msm_ts.c lol

#if defined(CONFIG_MACH_MOONCAKE)

static const char ts_keys_size[] = "0x01:102:40:340:60:50:0x01:139:120:340:60:50:0x01:158:200:340:60:50";

but then again, ics pointer is more important atm so just disregard everything i ever said untill that is fixed :P

Guest massacre^

hi guys, i've just upgraded to android 2.3.7 & want to give a try for ics.

If you are not a dev please do not try this rom...its still not complete so let the dev's do their work until we can have a full working rom..restrict urself to awesome nightlies from racerboy and sense rom from equilym..:)

Edited by massacre^

Guest Racerboy

Racerboy, when can we expect alpha version with audio fixed to try?

audio is fixed !! but no point in releasing until cursor is sorted, which i`m doing atm

Guest Rahulj85

audio is fixed !! but no point in releasing until cursor is sorted, which i`m doing atm

how you doing man? how is the development coming along?Hope you can get it working soon..all the best!

Guest adil29s

Will The Rom Have The Multi Tasking Option Like The Ice Cream Sandwich stock rom?,i would advice making/releasing a alpha build soon then use then if you want use the cyan 9 mods for nexus one,s,galaxy s and compile it for the zte racer like you do on most roms.

hope i was helpful!

Guest equiliym

Will The Rom Have The Multi Tasking Option Like The Ice Cream Sandwich stock rom?,i would advice making/releasing a alpha build soon then use then if you want use the cyan 9 mods for nexus one,s,galaxy s and compile it for the zte racer like you do on most roms.

hope i was helpful!

this is ics 4.0.1 as you define stock, it has all ics features more or less, just need to fix them for racer, you cant just compile anything and put on any device, once everything is done, either i or racerboy will release something, depends who fix what first :P but probably racerboy as im busy with work :(

Guest Racerboy

this is ics 4.0.1 as you define stock, it has all ics features more or less, just need to fix them for racer, you cant just compile anything and put on any device, once everything is done, either i or racerboy will release something, depends who fix what first :P but probably racerboy as im busy with work :(

well i`m hoping someone can rewrite the touch screen driver for racer (msm_ts.c) as i cant do that, have tried the blade driver but no go, kinda expected that as its designed for the blade touchscreen.............so where i`m at?

its based on the blade alpha10......they have put the hard work into this

phone boots fine

haptic feedback works

back, home, menu softkeys work

bluetooth work

wifi work

sdcard mounting works

audio works

things that dont yet: help if you can

HW Acceleration, but there is a hack somewhere for this

cursor on the screen needs to be removed (covered above)

phone network (calls, texts)

heres the download for it : HERE

alternate mediafire download link HERE

SIDE NOTE: Please dont tell me whats not working or needs to be fixed as I ALREADY KNOW this is an ALPHA after all..........if you want to be constructive and help fix the problems then by all means post here otherwise please DONT..............t0mm13b and the guys on the blade forum got sick of the constant interruptions from people who just cant be bothered to read the thread/help DONT DO IT HERE

Edited by Racerboy

Guest equiliym

phone boots fine

haptic feedback works

back, home, menu softkeys work

bluetooth work

wifi work

sdcard mounting works

audio works

oh thats nice, you made more progress than me, im still without audio xD ill just wait for your link to compare some files and stuff if you dont mind :3