41 replies to this topic

Macheath

Macheath

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
guy, are you kidding me?
I told you not to use any baseband than the BB218! There will be no network problems and now get on someone else nerves.

Latest CyanogenMod 7.2 KANG and kernel separately for LG Optimus 2X
Pay attention to date and time in filename ddmmyyyy-hhmm
Flash with ClockworkMod 5.0.2.0 or higher

->Download<-

Carbonize

Carbonize

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • Interests:(X)HTML, CSS, PHP, JavaScript, working out and reading.
  • Devices:ZTE Blade(CM7 N257+ KANG)
  • Twitter:@carbonize
Right, after speaking to some people who actually know what they are talking about I installed GetRIL from the market and just installed the RIL that matches my baseband and now no more data issues. Lot easier than installing a lot of drivers just to change your baseband and changing your baseband wipes your phone and things can go wrong as with most things that alter the actual phone. GetRIL doesn't even need you to reboot the phone as it just changes the Radio Interface Layer to your chosen one.

As to roms for the 2X.

Gr5 - Tried this for less than a day before going to Miui. Stable and does what you expect but then it is just the official 2X rom with some modifications. I missed the whistles and bells so jumped on to Miui.

Miui - I just tried Miui for about a week and I do think it's great with it's ease of customisation. It's default messaging app and browser are really good and it has extra features such as the inbuilt call filtering and anti spam. On the downside the GPS doesn't work on the 2X without some fiddling and the battery life wasn't that good.

CM7 - After getting fed up with Miui's battery life I've come back to a Kang of CM7. I have used CM7 extensively on my previous Android phones and you know exactly what you're going to get with it. No where near the customisation level of Miui but has more people working on it so more stability.

Now just waiting for the first ICS roms to come out for the 2X. We should be getting ICS roms from CM, Miui and an official LG one which I'm sure Paul or someone else will play with.

<strong class='bbc'>C a r b o n i z e</strong>

<strong class='bbc'><em class='bbc'>Do or do not, there is no try.</em> - Yoda</strong>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users