Need help customizing a new skate.

Guest Dukelord

Guest Dukelord

So I had issues with my last Skate and I messed up the sound. Installed clockwork mod and superboot and sound got lost. Was able to see a guy who said he could fix it and liked it and sold it for a slightly lower price. Got a new one today. Want to start over again but need to be careful this time. Interested in gaming on it. Considering bluemonte and cyanogen. Need detailed steps so I dont make mistakes again. It is brand new, unopened & unlocked. I want to back up the default rom and whatever else needs backing up first. Please advice. Thanks folks.

Edited by Dukelord

Guest dibbles

I avoided using Superboot at all as I knew that I was going to install a custom ROM. As they are rooted then using Superboot serves no purpose and just potentially adds another thing in the to do list which is not necessary. If I was using a STD ROM then it would need to be rooted.

Guest Dukelord

I avoided using Superboot at all as I knew that I was going to install a custom ROM. As they are rooted then using Superboot serves no purpose and just potentially adds another thing in the to do list which is not necessary. If I was using a STD ROM then it would need to be rooted.

So you advice that I just install only Clockwork recovery mod before I backup my default rom with it and then install bluemonte 1.8d? No need to install superboot right? What version of clockwork recovery mod should I use this time. My default android on the skate is 2.3.4. Thanks.

Guest Amphoras

So you advice that I just install only Clockwork recovery mod before I backup my default rom with it and then install bluemonte 1.8d? No need to install superboot right? What version of clockwork recovery mod should I use this time. My default android on the skate is 2.3.4. Thanks.

Just follow the instructions here to install recovery. If you then make a backup, it should backup your original boot image as well. Then you can flash whatever rom you want.

Guest dibbles

The first thing that I did was to follow the unlocking procedure in this thread...

... the very last step notes...

Go to “POST-UNLOCK FOLDER” and run the bat file again – this installs ClockworkMod

so for me it unlocked my phone and then installed the CWM (latest one) for me to use. I then went into CWM to backup the ROM before I then installed a custom ROM which then rooted the phone due to the ROM.

There is NO need to install Superboot if you are using custom ROM.

The unlock process needs to be followed EXACTLY. I would add to the steps...

7a - Place the battery back into the phone or it will boot loop and not back up the QCN file.

Edited by dibbles

Guest Dukelord

The first thing that I did was to follow the unlocking procedure in this thread...

http://android.modac...-tutorial-here/

... the very last step notes...

so for me it unlocked my phone and then installed the CWM (latest one) for me to use. I then went into CWM to backup the ROM before I then installed a custom ROM which then rooted the phone due to the ROM.

There is NO need to install Superboot if you are using custom ROM.

The unlock process needs to be followed EXACTLY. I would add to the steps...

7a - Place the battery back into the phone or it will boot loop and not back up the QCN file.

My skate is already unlocked. Not attached to any operator.

Guest Dukelord

Ok, so was able to successfully backup my default rom and install bluemonte 1.8d. everything seems ok. was wondering if there are any SAFE addons I should add. Thanks and cheers.

Guest Dukelord

Ok, so was able to successfully backup my default rom and install bluemonte 1.8d. everything seems ok. was wondering if there are any SAFE addons I should add. Thanks and cheers.