Removing Time from StatusBar

Guest arquillos

Guest arquillos

Hi!

I´d like to remove the time from statusbar as I think it´s redundant.

I´ve googled a lot and finally find (I think) a solution:

- Edit file: com/android/server/status/StatusBarPolicy.smali (from services.jar)

- Replace the line "invoke-direct {p0}, Lcom/android/server/status/StatusBarPolicy;->updateClock()V"

with this two lines: "invoke-direct {p0}, Lcom/android/server/status/StatusBarPolicy;->updateClock()V

invoke-virtual {p2, v3, v6}, Lcom/android/server/status/StatusBarService;->setIconVisibility(Landroid/os/IBinder;Z)V"

I tried searching for this piece of code in servicar.jar but I didn´t find it. So I extended my searched including files services.jar, SystemUI and framework. Still I have not found any similar code.

Anyone knows where this code is located?

Is this method a working solution?

Thank you in advance!

Are you using a 2.2 or 2.3 rom, maybe the code is only for a particular version of android.

Would it not be easier to edit the layout xml file, for example in the systemui/res/layout/status_bar.xml there is a clock entry (beginning <com.android.systemui.statusbar.Clock ) so you could delete that tag, and is should be invisible. I'm not entirely sure whether that is the correct entry relating to just the clock, but you could experiment.