2 replies to this topic

arquillos

arquillos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
Hi!
I´d like to remove the time from statusbar as I think it´s redundant.

I´ve googled a lot and finally find (I think) a solution:

- Edit file: com/android/server/status/StatusBarPolicy.smali (from services.jar)
- Replace the line "invoke-direct {p0}, Lcom/android/server/status/StatusBarPolicy;->updateClock()V"
with this two lines: "invoke-direct {p0}, Lcom/android/server/status/StatusBarPolicy;->updateClock()V
invoke-virtual {p2, v3, v6}, Lcom/android/server/status/StatusBarService;->setIconVisibility(Landroid/os/IBinder;Z)V"

I tried searching for this piece of code in servicar.jar but I didn´t find it. So I extended my searched including files services.jar, SystemUI and framework. Still I have not found any similar code.

Anyone knows where this code is located?
Is this method a working solution?

Thank you in advance!

flshg

flshg

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4
Are you using a 2.2 or 2.3 rom, maybe the code is only for a particular version of android.

Would it not be easier to edit the layout xml file, for example in the systemui/res/layout/status_bar.xml there is a clock entry (beginning <com.android.systemui.statusbar.Clock ) so you could delete that tag, and is should be invisible. I'm not entirely sure whether that is the correct entry relating to just the clock, but you could experiment.

flsh grdn

...................................................................................................................................................................................

ZTE Blade / Orange San Francisco Grey

Running Eco CM9

Chris Banks

Chris Banks

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 7, G300, ZTE Blade
CM7 has the option to remove the clock, just so you know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users