Stereo playback via cars speakers and Bluetooth streaming system

Guest V5er

Until this morning this system worked fine since day one. But now I only get mono sound via Bluetooth streaming. I tried with mixzing and Android music apps.

I checked the car speaker output via radio and CD and get stereo sound.

How do I update my phones Bluetooth software to eliminate this possibility?

I'm running gingerbread XWKI4.

Edited by V5er

Guest geezer466

Am a bit peeved. I just bought an S2 and hoped to stream it (via bluetooth) in my Mondeo titanium. Whilst can make calls and stuff via the stalk and in car voice controls it does not have the correct (BT) module to allow to stream.

As I understand it only the very latest models (mine is a late 2010 build) do actually allow this.

It took me ages to figure it out so hopefully someone trying in the future will find this info useful.

Guest travisb

That's useful info as I'm just debating whether to swap my 07 ST tdci for a nearly new Titanium X Sport. Might just get a Parrot kit like I have at present

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Guest geezer466

That's useful info as I'm just debating whether to swap my 07 ST tdci for a nearly new Titanium X Sport. Might just get a Parrot kit like I have at present

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Rule of thumb check it has a USB port in the glove compartment. The older models only have a standard audio jack. Don't rely on what the salesman tells you and lastly try it yourself. It takes seconds to pair the phone with the car stereo. Once you have done so you should have two options in the bluetooth mode. One will be the ability to stream you music via BT.

If you buy brand new then the sport should come with this option anyway.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest WearTheFoxHat

Useful tip, thank you.

I had a focus '10 reg as a hire car for a while, and spent ages trying to suss out the bluetooth. Eventually I found a standard audio jack in the glovebox.

Luckily my new motor has got audio streaming enabled. Ooooh which brings me onto a question ... I'll pots another thread for it though!