unroot without sd card

Guest mnmn

Is there any way I can unroot my phone/install official rom without using the sd card. It seems that the sd card reader is not working and I have to give my phone for warranty repair.

Thank you

Try the Acer Download Tool, and flash your latest rom on the acer website.

http://gfan-acer.goo...t%20By%20Ma.rar

I am a newbie so I do not know how to use acer Download tool. As far as I understand I have to select 'bin' files but I could not find them on their website. I can see only their tool to install the rom through the computer but it requires a memory stick. I also went through the folders and I could not see any bin files. Could you please let me know what to do.

Thanks

Guest Smeelious

I am a newbie so I do not know how to use acer Download tool. As far as I understand I have to select 'bin' files but I could not find them on their website. I can see only their tool to install the rom through the computer but it requires a memory stick. I also went through the folders and I could not see any bin files. Could you please let me know what to do.

Thanks

Go into the acer website (for your country), support --> Drivers and Downloads --> Smartphone --> Liquid --> S120

There should be a bunch of tabs below where it says operating system. Choose the "OS" tab.

Download the file you find there. (should be something like OS_Acer_4.000.13.EMEA.GEN1..with maybe some other stuff.)

Unzip said file.

Should have a directory called acer_ug, inside that should be another directory that has a 150+ Mb bin file.

Like to that file in the first box in the Acer Download Tool.

Plug your phone into your computer via usb and hit start.

Keep in mind that without an SD card, if this doesn't work, your phone will likely be bricked.

Edited by Smeelious

Go into the acer website (for your country), support --> Drivers and Downloads --> Smartphone --> Liquid --> S120

There should be a bunch of tabs below where it says operating system. Choose the "OS" tab.

Download the file you find there. (should be something like OS_Acer_4.000.13.EMEA.GEN1..with maybe some other stuff.)

Unzip said file.

Should have a directory called acer_ug, inside that should be another directory that has a 150+ Mb bin file.

Like to that file in the first box in the Acer Download Tool.

Plug your phone into your computer via usb and hit start.

Keep in mind that without an SD card, if this doesn't work, your phone will likely be bricked.

Thank you. First I have to think about the possibility to brick my phone. At least now I can use the internal memory.

By the way after unzipping the folder there is just a .msi file which is 150+ . After installing it onto my computer the bin file is not in the folder in which the acer tool is installed because it is just 3MB big. So probably they are saved in some hidden or temporary folder which I have to find...

Hello

I have a question. If the computer can only see the removable disk when I connect the usb cable to the phone does this mean that the problem may not be the card reader?

I cannot access any files on the memory card through the computer though. Is there anyway I can find out whether the problem is the card reader or something else?

Any ideas?

Hi again

As my phone card reader wasn't working finally I managed to install the original rom from ACER website using their tool. I ignored the requirement that the phone needed at least 300MB on the SD card and surprisingly it did work! I am so brave :rolleyes:

Do I need to do anything before I give my phone for repair? I used RecoveryMT-2.2 to root my phone before. Is there anyway they can find that I had rooted it?

Thank you.