Why.............?

Guest painkiller_93

Guest painkiller_93

ZTE could have mounted the 1 GHz Qualcomm MSM8655 Snapdragon with Adreno 205 (like Ideos X5 Pro or ZTE Warp from USA) and we would have an armv7 with all apps working and we could play latest hd games, but instead of that they put an 800Mhz armv6 and we get the Skate...

ZTE could have many reasons,such as the skate being aimed at the budget range.

But ultimately zte did give us 800Mhz and that is that.

What point or purpose is there to talk about this ?

If zte made the skate 1Ghz armv7 the price would be in the £200+ range.

So those like me,who want a good device as cheap as possible,are grateful that zte made the skate as they did.

And the fact that we can get nearly 1Ghz out of the skate with overclocking,there is no great lose really.

Anyway,what good is the 1Ghz Qualcomm chipset when they could have used the quad core qauntum power chipset :lol:

Edited by Guest

Guest todoleo

ZTE could have many reasons,such as the skate being aimed at the budget range.

But ultimately zte did give us 800Mhz and that is that.

What point or purpose is there to talk about this ?

If zte made the skate 1Ghz armv7 the price would be in the £200+ range.

So those like me,who want a good device as cheap as possible,are grateful that zte made the skate as they did.

And the fact that we can get nearly 1Ghz out of the skate with overclocking,there is no great lose really.

Anyway,what good is the 1Ghz Qualcomm chipset when they could have used the quad core qauntum power chipset :lol:

Good points!

Guest Frankish

The guy in the Orange shop told me the OMC was 1ghz. Obviously i knew better but i didn't say anything to him, i wish i had as he could be telling every customer that. Even at 850mhz my phone reboots on games.

The guy in the Orange shop told me the OMC was 1ghz. Obviously i knew better but i didn't say anything to him, i wish i had as he could be telling every customer that. Even at 850mhz my phone reboots on games.

850!

What rom are you using ?

Or it maybe that you are one of the unlucky ones,every cpu being different.

I played dead space at 960Mhz for over an hour,no reboots and temp only reached 37 degrees celsius.

On my blade,even 671Mhz overclock would give serious heat concerns and reboots.But the cpu in OMC I get no heat at 960Mhz and never had one reboot.

Edited by Guest

Guest gitf@ce

850!

What rom are you using ?

Or it maybe that you are one of the unlucky ones,every cpu being different.

I played dead space at 960Mhz for over an hour,no reboots and temp only reached 37 degrees celsius.

Mine will run apps at 1037 but games only 979...if you only get <850 I suggest you find an excuse to take it back for an exchange ;)

Edited by gitf@ce

Mine will run apps at 1037 but games only 979...if you only get 850 I suggest you find an excuse to take it back for an exchange ;)

Yes he should.There is no doubt that he has a dud cpu there.

Would dust under the screen allow me to return it? Or is that not considered a fault?

Maybe,I guess it depends on the person you will be dealing with.

But one thing you could do is brick it just before you get to shop. :lol:

They always take the bricks back,but you have to play dumb of course.

Perhaps a messed up TPT could brick it,not sure really,not something one usually tries to do :lol:

Edited by Guest

Guest Frankish

Bit of a risk if they refuse to take it back! Just tried angry birds and reboots at 960 but plays ok at 940. Maybe it's the game I was trying previously? Trial X

Bit of a risk if they refuse to take it back! Just tried angry birds and reboots at 960 but plays ok at 940. Maybe it's the game I was trying previously? Trial X

Yes there is always the risk they will just laugh at you,knowing very well that you have been customizing your OMC.

If you can play one game at higher clock than the other then it is as you say something to do with the one game.

Maybe you should do a little experimenting first before thinking of returns.

Try a different rom playing that same game.

Guest dibbles

I am running the Elitemovil Z3 ROM, with the required partitions, and it is superb. Running at 900mhz I haven't found an issue as yet with any game that I have tried. I have not tried to clock it higher as I see little point for what I want it for.

I wish that the Elitemovil ROM was on Modaco to give it the exposure it needs.

IMO ZTE made the phone at the design spec and predicted price point which companies like Orange wanted it for. It must have slotted in within those companies range of phones without compromising other big brands, with much higher prices and profit margins.

It might be a little late now the SF II is out, but not unlocked as yet, to see how many people, like me, consider that it is worth ditching their SF to buy the OMC. Now tha tthe OMC can be unlocked and the price has reduced a little it must be one of the best value for money Android phones available.

Edited by dibbles

Would dust under the screen allow me to return it? Or is that not considered a fault?

I think a member on here did get a replacment for this reason... glossywhite i think.

Just ring them and say you want a replacment because of this & they should send one out the next day..

They done this for me, my problem was a faulty back cover.. so they sent me a new phone with no back cover or battery lol

Edited by tillaz