[ROM] [Elitemovil Skate 2.3.5] [z3] Oficial (Kernel OC) [GB_THU_P743V1.0.0B01] (24-11-11)

Guest painkiller_93

Guest painkiller_93

Hi all, I got premission from Elitemovil (we are both from HTCMania Spanish forum) to post here his roms. Post translated to english by me.

Hi friends, here it is the new (z3) rom, it's based on the official ZTE unbranded 2.3.5 [GB_THU_P743V1.0.0B01], of course modified with tweaks to improve performance, added Darktremor scripts for APP2SD, OC kernel from 23 November for improved performance, using swap, supporting ext4, improved battery life, an Bluetooth problems fixed. (SWAP 128/256 necessary to improve performance using virtual RAM in some cases) ;-)

SOFTWARE / SYSTEM:

- Android 2.3.5 (ZTE)

- Kernel 2.6.35 OC 1'037 Ghz (Mod Tweaks)

- Alarm with locked screen

- Power Widgets included

- Libraries (Updated)

- ASD2GUI (Updated)

- MMS (Zte)

- NoFrills CPU (OC) (Updated)

- ZTE Dialer (Zte)

- Contactos (Zte)

- Docs To Go

- ICS Clock

- Market

- Taskmanager

- File Manager (Updated)

- Launcher

- Youtube

- Radio FM (Zte)

- K-9 Mail (Updated)

- Navigation

- SuperUser (Updated)

- Google Translator (Updated)

- Maps (Updated)

- HuaweiBackup

CAPTURAS:

cap201111241309.jpgcap201111241310.jpgcap201111241311.jpgcap2011112300231.jpgcap2011112413091.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

------- HOW TO: IMPROVE BATTERY LIFE -------

All of this is based on the way I use the phone.

1º Always use 2G networks because for using Whatsapp, mail, etc it's enough.

- Settings - Networks - Mobile Networks - (Actiivate) Use only 2G Networks.

2º I always update manually the Market, Mail or Contacts.

- Account Settings - (Deactivate) Data reference.

3º Desactivate GPS on the notification bar.

4º Desactivate screen animations and use automatic brightness.

5º I use the processor at normal speed and minimum of 245Mhz.

6º Use Battery Calibrator from Market (following the instructions) and battery at 100%.

----- Installation tutorial. -----Go to ClockWorkMod, do Wipe data/factory reset, Wipe cache, then advanced -> Wipe Dalvik Cache and if battery is at 100% do Wipe Battery Status, if we don't have ext3 partition let's do it: Advanced, partition SD Card, select 512MB or 1GB and Swap of 128MB or 256MB (Remember to copy after this the ROM on your SD card: reboot recovery, connect the usb to your PC, go to mounts and storage->usb storage, copy the rom and then unmount), after doing that, select the rom .zip to install and wait till it's finished. Then do reboot system now and wait until the phone boots.

Important: after finishing the installation, open NoFrills CPU, select your desired maximum speed (I use it at 883Mhz) and put as Governor: Smartass2 and IO: sio. (You will get great performance with long battery life).

When mobile is ready and in launcherpro homescreen, press menu->preferences->restore backup->yes. (This is an Optimization for the Launcher).

====================================================================

New Kernel Optimized for (z3) [13/12/11] here (link by Fabiasport)

(z3) Rom Download (128/256 SWAP necessary) [24/11/11] here. (link by tuane)

MD5: 647f7eec3811b60ffe777e257c1dc87b

=====================================================================

New kernel for (z1) [17/11/11] here.

(z1) Rom Download (64MB SWAP necessary)[16/11/11] here.

MD5: 3c7dcc5f646d0f29b7cffab10b236189

Regards..

Edited by painkiller_93

Guest dibbles

Excellent and I'm most pleased that this fully featured and great looking ROM has made it over to this forum :)

I installed this yesterday and the other thing that I changed was to a circle battery display for the status bar.

I created the 1GB EXT3 partition for my SD card and a 256mb cache. After installing the ROM and filling it up with my apps and games I still have 133mb of internal storage space to use. This ROM is very very good.

I remember using Elitemovil's ROM's for my blade when he posted them here and then over at XDA.

Not sure why you have linked the older Z1 Kernel though as the latest Z3 build as a much newer one and I hope that doesn't confuse people, as that was an upgraded kernel for his older Z1 ROM.

Edited by dibbles

Guest dibbles

link is fine for me - Megaupload.

@dwitcombe Did you need to quote the entire first post again though, please edit and delete :)

Edited by dibbles

Guest atillaahun

Hi all, I got premission from Elitemovil (we are both from HTCMania Spanish forum) to post here his roms. Post translated to english by me.

Hi friends, here it is the new (z3) rom, it's based on the official ZTE unbranded 2.3.5 [GB_THU_P743V1.0.0B01], of course modified with tweaks to improve performance, added Darktremor scripts for APP2SD, OC kernel from 23 November for improved performance, using swap, supporting ext4, improved battery life, an Bluetooth problems fixed. (SWAP 128/256 necessary to improve performance using virtual RAM in some cases) ;-)

SOFTWARE / SYSTEM:

- Android 2.3.5 (ZTE)

- Kernel 2.6.35 OC 1'37 Ghz (Mod Tweaks)

Thanks a lot, I hope we'll be able to recieve answers to some of our questions here, cause I was trying in Spanish at HTC Mania, but not sure that Elitemóvil understood what I asked.

So first of all why does he use swap?

As far as I know, the system only starts using swap, once it runs out of RAM. But since we have 512 MB, it's more than enough. For me, only 100-200 MB use to be reserved, 300 at most, but never all of it.

So what is the point after all?

The other thing might be just mistyped, but 1,37 GHz OC? Isn't that just 1,037?

And about EXT & App2SD, are they also necessary? Cause we have the repartitioned layouts, giving more data than 165 MB, so lack of space for Apps isn't such an issue anymore.

Although having the possibility of redirecting cache to the RAM would be very useful.

Edited by atillaahun

Guest dadashi

I installed the Z1 of this rom when he first released and I had some problems with it...now I see why, it needs a swap partition for whatever reason

I couldn't understand spanish references to the swap before...

Guest dadashi

Does the swap partition have to be at the front of the drive or is it ok to have it as the last partiton on the drive..?

I don't want to new format my whole 32GB microsd...

Guest dibbles

I tried using an application to create the required partitions on my SD card through Windows but it did not work out. I tried it as the first partition and then the last (after the EXT 3 1GB). I was trying to avoid having to format the SD card. So...

Went into CWM with the phone connected to the Computer.

Mounted the Card as a USB device.

Backed up my 16GB card into a folder on the PC.

Dismounted the card so that it is no longer a USB device.

Created a partition of 1GB on the SD card through CWM. (that works out to be the EXT3 one)

Then CWM asks me the size of the Swap to create. I created a 256mb Swap. <<<<<< this will empty the entire contents of the card, hence the backup.

Once the above was done...

Mounted the card again as a USB device.

This time it showed my large (around 14GB) partition that is now empty.

Copied everything back over from the temp folder on the PC.

Ensured that the Z3 ROM was copied over.

Unmounted the USB device

Went to install the ROM through CWM and then rebooted.

When at desktop I then applied the backup settings for the Launcher pro.

I then installed Titanium backup pro and restored my previous backed up apps and they all restored correctly, with data, to the EXT 3 partition.

Finally I went back into CWM to install a circle battery mod.

Even though I had a lot on my 16GB card as it is a class 10, speed rating, it did not take long at all in the copying process.

All good and working a treat :)

Edited by dibbles

Guest dadashi

I made a swap aprtition between the main and ext, android doesnt see the ext anymore...

Looks like it has to be new formated in cwm to get a proper install....

Not really ok though, none of the other roms nead a swap...

Guest atillaahun

I made a swap aprtition between the main and ext, android doesnt see the ext anymore...

Looks like it has to be new formated in cwm to get a proper install....

Not really ok though, none of the other roms nead a swap...

So what happens, or happened with you, if simply avoid swap? Is it seriously affects the operation of the Rom?

Guest dadashi

cwm creates an ext and swap partition without having to format the main partition....I just repartititoned and my Fat32 main partititon remainedwith all my data intact

Edited by dadashi

Guest jcmyall

This ROM might well become my ROM of choice, I have one problem though...

USB Debugging, while ticked in settings, doesn't seem to be able to turn on for me. Running z3.

EDIT: Nevermind. It seemed to have somehow turned on by itself now.

Edited by jcmyall

Guest dibbles

I remembered why I did not like to use the ZTE keypad as it does not allow photos to be shown if you use a third party message application like Go SMS Pro. With the AOSP one it works right away. I will have to look into this.

Guest dadashi

I've been using this rom with RTL language support added for a couple of days...fast and good rom.....restored all my apps using titaniumpro. It works fine, no problems...alarm is also reliable

I was using skate cm7 but I needed a rom that at the very least supports VGA video recording and this one is just fine for now.

I getting installation abort ?

On a 200mb system partion,I even removed few apps to make rom smaller.What am I missing ?

assert failed: write_raw_image("tmp/recover.img"."recovery")

(status 7)

Recovery ok,as it installed recovery but failed to install rom.

Edited by Guest

Guest dadashi

2 things spring to mind, first you've changed your omc internal partitions, don't know if that's the cause...

Have you partitioned your microsd with swap and ext yet? Look at the first posting for more information...

2 things spring to mind, first you've changed your omc internal partitions, don't know if that's the cause...

Have you partitioned your microsd with swap and ext yet? Look at the first posting for more information...

I didn't need to partition my sd, that info is wrong.

Partition's only needed if you want apps on sd...

Guest dadashi

I did it to the letter and it works fine...

Half of my Ext is full and 50MB of my 160MB system is always kept free, but I'm not sure what advantages the swap partition brings...