Photo

[ROM] : de-branded ROM for ZTE Blade 2/Orange San Francisco II/T-Mobile Vivacity [gingerbread]

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

ian_blade2

ian_blade2

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Devices:blade 2, sf1
hi adam , just so u know for me fixing that problem was as simple as powering up the device with the vol down button pressed down then restoring the phone to the previous day lol it reloaded itself and sink was perfect mate try it :) Posted Image

podzemnik

podzemnik

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Orange SF2 on giffgaff
I can confirm the same keyboard issue. It makes the phone virtually unusable. Unfortunately I havent got any positive results performing Ian´s procedure or I do not understand his procedure described. In all cases, we are having serious troubles with the keyboard. It does not have any connection with any hardware issues as the keyboard worked nicely with stock rom. Good job Sebastian, but I am afraid this issue is very serious and worth investigating as soon as possible,

Sebastian404

Sebastian404

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,104 posts
  • Devices:lots of them
  • Twitter:@sebastian404
I am not at all sure how, but it seems to be affecting just the SF2 guys... I will take a look at this tomorrow, its probably something that needs changing in the calibration..

Sebastian404

Sebastian404

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,104 posts
I've updated this now to R1, with an super auto-magical selection of the correct kernel for your device.. it also will change the device name to be P736V (Orange San Francisco II) or P736E (T-Mobile Vivacity).

flibblesan

flibblesan

Token Northern bloke

• Assistant Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,637 posts

I've updated this now to R1, with an super auto-magical selection of the correct kernel for your device.. it also will change the device name to be P736V (Orange San Francisco II) or P736E (T-Mobile Vivacity).

+1

flibblesan

flibblesan

Token Northern bloke

• Assistant Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,637 posts
BTW CarrierIQ isn't in the ROM at all. Only some references in the init.rc file to load the binary if it's on the system but I've never seen them in any ZTE ROM.

snowbord

snowbord

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
Is the option to redirect cache/ to RAM enabled in this rom? I ask as we potentially now have repartitioning sorted on this device, thanks to Amphoras;

http://android.modac...st__p__1859061

PsYcHoKiLLa

PsYcHoKiLLa

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 801 posts
  • Devices:LG Nexus 4, Tesco Hudl
  • Twitter:@djsubterrain
All the roms have this problem with the skewed keys on the sanfran2, I reckon it's probably due to the soft keys of the vivacity. You can fix it by flashing the ouk-stock.zip you'll find on other posts, that restores the correct keyboard, for me though it also disabled my wireless, others said it didn't for them though. Seems like it's all very random in the problems so far, reckon we have to wait till ZTE release everything properly.

snowbord

snowbord

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
It seems this rom does not have all international APNs. I had to manually enter the APN for M-Tel (Bulgaria). FLB2a didn't have this issue., neither did CM7, GSF etc. on the blade 1, hence this APN is definitely in the 'big' international APN list.

Any chance of updating the APN list and also adding GPU compositing? The only upside of this ROM is that it has a working radio.

Thanks Seb for all your good work.  Without guys like you in the community, these phones would be rubbish. 

Edited by snowbord, 19 December 2011 - 09:47 PM.

Zaaap

Zaaap

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi Guys,

If you do not want to completely flash the phone I just get rid of a few orange apps. Can this be done in the same way as the SF1, where you just download an app to remove unwanted orange garbage?

Thanks

CarlMUK

CarlMUK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:SF II
I've tried both unbranded ROMs on my SFII, both have the touchscreen problem on the right hand side (Ran the touch paint test).

Reverting to the stock rom and the problem goes away

Thanks.

Edited by CarlMUK, 20 December 2011 - 08:05 PM.

PsYcHoKiLLa

PsYcHoKiLLa

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 801 posts

I've tried both unbranded ROMs on my SFII, both have the touchscreen problem on the right hand side (Ran the touch paint test).

Reverting to the stock rom and the problem goes away

Thanks.

Did you flash the stock kernel with the custom rom without restarting?

snowbord

snowbord

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
SF2 needs a (OSF2) kernel flash as the roms are TMV based. This is very clearly stated in the guides.

Sebastian404

Sebastian404

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,104 posts

SF2 needs a (OSF2) kernel flash as the roms are TMV based. This is very clearly stated in the guides.

if you do an 'adb devices' and it says P736V is using the SF2 kernel, if it says P736E its using the TMV kernel...

of course its possible there is a 3rd kernel on the go, but no-one has discovered it yet..

CarlMUK

CarlMUK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Did you flash the stock kernel with the custom rom without restarting?

I did flash the stock kernel by it's self, but it was after trying the ROM first.

Just did them both together and it's working :D yay, thanks, hopefully this helps out a few other people with the same issue in this thread

Edited by CarlMUK, 20 December 2011 - 11:58 PM.

CarlMUK

CarlMUK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I've noticed that the email app doesn't work and crashes after I put in a google account. not a big deal I downloaded K9 instead.

xzyk

xzyk

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Interests:mobiles, Winmo, Android
  • Devices:various
Two problems I encountered and their fixes.
1. No notification sound on SMS. Fixed this by setting the ringtone through the SMS settings rather than the settings->sounds->notification ringtone and rebooted.
2. Email crashing. Fixed this by clearning settings->applications->Manage Applications->All->Email, press clear data. Then extracted email.apk from flb's r2a rom (thanks flb for this), and overwrote the one in /system/app using root explorer with flb's one. Rebooted and all was good.
Thanks for the rom sebastian404.

May your jouney be uneventful !
Nexus 4......SlimMako-4.3
ZTE Blade Blade Mix V2.2.
Advent VEGA VegaComb 3.2 9n.
SGS2 -Insanity JB 0.83
Asus FonePad...stock
Huawei Y300 Stock (B186) with CWM recovery.
Arnova 7G3 -stock.
Alcatel OT-983....stock

nswan

nswan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Anyone else having trouble trying to open APN list? Mine just crashes with a force close android error message.

PsYcHoKiLLa

PsYcHoKiLLa

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 801 posts

Hi Guys,

If you do not want to completely flash the phone I just get rid of a few orange apps. Can this be done in the same way as the SF1, where you just download an app to remove unwanted orange garbage?

Thanks

You could do this with Titanium but I think your phone needs to be rooted so it probably wouldn't work with a new "stock" phone.

f13sta

f13sta

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

if you do an 'adb devices' and it says P736V is using the SF2 kernel, if it says P736E its using the TMV kernel...

of course its possible there is a 3rd kernel on the go, but no-one has discovered it yet..

Hi All,Sebastian,

today I unlocked my Orange SF2 with r1_de-branded_blade2 but I have a problem with touchscreen which was discussed here.
Phone model: Orange SF2
the phone version: P736EB01

from this topic I'm not really understand how I can fix this problem. Could you please help.

Thank you in advance,
Serhiy

Edited by f13sta, 27 February 2012 - 09:04 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users