Spot the T-Mobile Vivacity

Guest todoleo

Guest todoleo

There have been many comments in the Crescent.MoDaCo.Forums regarding how similar the look of the T-Mobile Vivacity is with the iPhone 4/4s' one.

I took a picture of my T-Mobile Vivacity with a couple of iPhones. The game is to spot the T-Mobile Vivacity....

http://www.todoleo.com/2011/11/spot-t-mobile-vivacity-game.html

Feel free to leave your answers either here or on my blog!

Guest everett_psycho

Is it the one on the left

It looks similar in the same way as any mostly screen square phone with rounded corners does, so it also looks like alnost every LG and Samsung phone on the market

Edited by everett_psycho

Guest Russ_uk

Really?

You can't see the stock Android launcher on the middle one, emblazoned with Tmobile across the top?

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Yup - It's the middle one for sure.

Also from looking at that photo I think the Vivacity looks aesthetically the best of the bunch!

If only the build quality and specs where as good as the iPhone - But as they say you get what you pay for.

Saying that, out of principle I would NEVER pay £400-500 for a phone (the current PAYG price for a iPhone4), so loving these cheap but well spec'd ZTE's :)

Guest todoleo

So how long till Apple issue a writ against this on a look-alike basis?

I think the T-Mobile Vivacity is too small a fish to go after. It may be a celebrity of a handset in our world, but I doubt Cupertino's legal team will even bother...

Guest gaminatorr

I think the T-Mobile Vivacity is too small a fish to go after. It may be a celebrity of a handset in our world, but I doubt Cupertino's legal team will even bother...

Totally agree with that... It's just not worth it and this device won't make any kind of serious competition for apple's iphones :)

Guest The Soup Thief

Totally agree with that... It's just not worth it and this device won't make any kind of serious competition for apple's iphones :)

I wouldn't be so sure - Apple can be a right bunch of litigious pric*s when they put their mind to it - they went after this tiny Spanish company who had the temerity to produce an android tablet (NT-K)

Happily, Apple lost... which is nice

I really hope they don't go getting chippy over this one

Edited by The Soup Thief

Guest Sebastian404

you can be sure the T-Mobile's legal team will of been up and down it, it would be too embarrassing for them to get sued..

tho part of me hopes they do, since it would make mine more valuable :)

Guest The Soup Thief

you can be sure the T-Mobile's legal team will of been up and down it, it would be too embarrassing for them to get sued..

Just like Samsung's legal team were, eh?

I'm absolutely not defending Apple's policies of litigatin' rather than innovatin', just struck by how close to the wind ZTE & TMo are sailing here...

As has been said elsewhere, the Vivacity actually looks more like an LG or Samsung to my jaded eyes than it does an iPhone. Those companies however seem to have a more pragmatic view of these things so I'd be surprised to see them get their legals out. But then what do I know? (very little)

Guest Sebastian404

Just like Samsung's legal team were, eh?

I'm absolutely not defending Apple's policies of litigatin' rather than innovatin', just struck by how close to the wind ZTE & TMo are sailing here...

As has been said elsewhere, the Vivacity actually looks more like an LG or Samsung to my jaded eyes than it does an iPhone. Those companies however seem to have a more pragmatic view of these things so I'd be surprised to see them get their legals out. But then what do I know? (very little)

your right about that, but T-Mobile are very German, very efficient... I'm sure they have a crack legal team.

Hiphone 5 is better looking if you want something to look like the iphone

or an iphone.. if you want an iphone...

Guest Russ_uk

Hiphone 5 is better looking if you want something to look like the iphone

It's also great if you want a battery that lasts all of 3 hours on standby before needing re-charging :D

Guest The Soup Thief

It's also great if you want a battery that lasts all of 3 hours on standby before needing re-charging :D

Do you have one? Excellent! I was looking at them today - look great fun. I saw there's one with a TV tuner - most seem to have dual sim. Granted, a 3 hr battery life may be viewed by some as a drawback tongue.gif, but I love all this KIRF / Shanzhai crap!

Guest Atomix86

I remember purchasing a knock off iPhone styled phone just for ****s and giggles, and was actually surprised at how well it could run Java apps and such, and had decent battery for a dual SIM (about 32 hours). Only thing was the display was cheap plastic and broke within 3 months... But for £20 for a fun toy to muck about with while my main phone was in repair, I thought it was great ;).

Guest Russ_uk

Do you have one? Excellent! I was looking at them today - look great fun. I saw there's one with a TV tuner - most seem to have dual sim. Granted, a 3 hr battery life may be viewed by some as a drawback tongue.gif, but I love all this KIRF / Shanzhai crap!

I Don't have one personally but i know someone who does.

Do love the dual sim feature - but that's about it

Edited by Russ_uk