30 Nov r3: Volume Bug Fix!

Guest PaulOBrien

Annoyed with the volume bug on your Galaxy Nexus? Well, i'm very proud to present the forthcoming official fixed boot image which resolves this problem. In order to flash this boot image, you need your bootloader to be unlocked at this time (use './fastboot-windows oem unlock' (or the appropriate version for your machine, included in the download). Note that the OEM unlock sequence wipes your device.

APPLY THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK! This is still in a testing phase internally. Although it works great for us, well, you never know. :)

• Volume Bug Fix r3 - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid) - MD5: 292ba3630f475b2f779a19057649200a

How to use - Windows, Linux and OSX

- Download the zip file above and extract to a directory

- Put your device in bootloader mode - Turn off the phone then turn on with the 'volume up' and 'volume down' buttons both pressed to enter the bootloader (as pictured below)

- WINDOWS - double click 'install-windows.bat'

- MAC - Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files, and type 'chmod +x install-mac.sh' followed by './install-mac.sh'

- LINUX - Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files, and type 'chmod +x install-linux.sh' followed by './install-linux.sh'

Please don't rehost this zip file - if you want to link to the fix, please link to this topic. That's all I ask. Enjoy! ;)

P

PS While you're here why not check out our root and our backlight levels patch?

PPS If you find this useful, please consider supporting MoDaCo by signing up for a MoDaCo subscription. MoDaCo Ad Free with Online Kitchen access is only $9 for a limited time only including a 30 day Filesonic premium subscription! Visit this topic for further details!

Guest darkoroje

Hello,

When I try to execute 'install-windows.bat' I get an error "Unknown partition". Fastboot flash expects partition name as the first argument, what should that be?

Thanks.

• 5 years later...