[DEVS]CyanogenMod For The Andypad.

Guest Sami Beck

I got WLAN working already, just make sure they're correctly referenced in the BoardConfig. Same chip as HTC Incredible etc.

can you tell me detail?

did you try just adding 2 files mentioned in dmesg?

I think no need to change BoardConfig.mk.

Any idea on camera? I see in my dmesg that they're correctly initialized, but maybe I have to add the old camera.so to the build? I'm not so sure if that will work since CM7 requires other format, or the camera apk is just incompatible with dual cameras?

currently I'm not sure how mediaserver and vpu_server socket and libvpu works. need more time and investigation.

Logcat warns me about missing keylayout files too, maybe they should be included in vendor, although, most of it works.

then, some of buttons are not work correctly? which buttons?

and, as I said, I want to see "getevent -p", "ls /dev", "find /sys" and so on. I have no info about them.

unyaffs: do you unpack it right away to the mounted ext3 image? I'm not sure but I think I'm losing permissions somewhere. Step by step would be helpfull.

procedure should be same (I'm not sure exactly what you did), just "(sudo) unyaffs system.img" on ext3 system. what I asked is, please check your tool. if tool is wrong, "correct procedure" is meaningless...

thank you for your cooperation.

Edited by fun_

I have red your thread in XDA. I have N50 like you. Few day ago, i make a CM7 img base on your system.img and booting.img. It is perfect, but still have some problem with 3G, TS and when connect with computer, it has only SD card, no internal memory ( in SDK 2.0, as connect to Computer, has 2 memory: SD and internal ). I have calib TS but then it wrong in left-bottom screen and it's still in " haptic feedback' condition as in lock screen. I have a question: how can i turn haptic feedback as i touch screen.

thank you for your report!

which do you have, N50 or N50DT?

probably TS calibration is not needed (at least on my N50DT). please cancel it by pressing BACK.

I think internal NAND flash can be mounted from PC, but I'll check it again.

on N50DT, currently haptic heedback(vibrator) alwys work on every single touch :(

I'll check it too.

thank you.

My device is N50DT. Launcher 3.0 in SDK 2.0 has convinient multi task - buttom . How to use multi task in ADWlauncher CM7.

Is "accelerometer.invert_y=1" in build.prop needed?

My device is N50DT. Launcher 3.0 in SDK 2.0 has convinient multi task - buttom . How to use multi task in ADWlauncher CM7.

Is "accelerometer.invert_y=1" in build.prop needed?

sorry, no idea for launcher.

following 3 lines are needed for N50DT

accelerometer.flip_xy=1

accelerometer.invert_x=1

accelerometer.invert_z=1

Guest Csharpe

dbus.conf and bluetooth folders still get wrong permissions.

Currently I've tried:

# fix permissions on for BlueTooth - AndyPad kernel

chown bluetooth bluetooth /system/etc/dbus.conf

chown bluetooth bluetooth /system/etc/bluetooth/audio.conf

chown bluetooth bluetooth /system/etc/bluetooth/input.conf

chown bluetooth bluetooth /system/etc/bluetooth/main.conf

I'm not sure what's going on though... Dbus is acting weird. Any ideas?

Guest Sami Beck

dbus.conf and bluetooth folders still get wrong permissions.

Currently I've tried:

# fix permissions on for BlueTooth - AndyPad kernel
chown bluetooth bluetooth /system/etc/dbus.conf
chown bluetooth bluetooth /system/etc/bluetooth/audio.conf
chown bluetooth bluetooth /system/etc/bluetooth/input.conf
chown bluetooth bluetooth /system/etc/bluetooth/main.conf[/code]

I'm not sure what's going on though... Dbus is acting weird. Any ideas?

Can I have a link to your git hub as Im interested in looking at the files!

Guest Csharpe

Can I have a link to your git hub as Im interested in looking at the files!

I'm not going to release it as long as they don't work :) sorry.

fun_, after some more checking, I seem to lose all permissions & user groups on files right after build. in product/rk2918/system/*, all files just have my own uid... I really have to find how to fix this.

What command do you use exactly to build?

I do: . build/envsetup.sh

$lunch

$66

$make -j2

Edited by Csharpe

Guest Sami Beck

I'm not going to release it as long as they don't work :) sorry.

fun_, after some more checking, I seem to lose all permissions & user groups on files right after build. in product/rk2918/system/*, all files just have my own uid... I really have to find how to fix this.

What command do you use exactly to build?

I do: . build/envsetup.sh

$lunch

$66

$make -j2

I used the generic RK2918 and it only built a 33MB system :(

Copying over the /system/etc/firmware directory seems to have fixed wifi.

I've updated the zip on my server with that, plus some random apk changes, including replacing the launcher with Zeam, marketplace and removing some phone specific apk.

http://www.bristolco...andypad_cm7.rar

thank you for your info!

I'll add that 2 files for wifi in my repo/next my image. I'll try bluetooth too.

all files in product/rk2918/system/* are intermediate file to make system.img. they must have your own uid. nothing is wrong.

as I said, your previous procedure, "build, make empty ext3 image, mount, unyaffs system.img on ext3" is quite correct. but, please use correct unyaffs tool. you can check permissions just after unyaffs.

please, please believe me.

Guest Csharpe

I got it to boot & extract to ext3 perfectly now. the other version of unyaffs was the solution. I still got a few questions though:

- As for the ext3 image, whenever I push something to it from adb, tablet doesn't want to boot anymore (how do you create the ext3 image, blocksize, rw, command?)

- Sometimes, even without pushing something, tablet doesn't want to boot anymore (shutdown wrong?)

- I've been trying to rewrite the touchscreen input for rockchip devices so it doesn't need calibration like a resistive touchscreen (capacitive doesn't need tweaking), and only need to invert the X-axis. This way it'll be more accurate, and the old method doesn't work for me anymore (since I'm using my own builds).

My current code: (InputReader.cpp)

Reads if axis needs to be inverted:

if (! in.tryGetProperty(String8("touch.pointercal.invertX"), tempInvX)) {

out.invertX = false;

} else {

out.invertX = (tempInvX != 0.0f);

}

if (! in.tryGetProperty(String8("touch.pointercal.invertY"), tempInvY)) {

out.invertY = false;

} else {

out.invertY = (tempInvY != 0.0f);

}

Code to actually invert the touch input, I'm using this code: (I'm not sure if mRaxAxes.y is actually the right one to use, pseudo it'd be x = screenwidth - x;)

//calibration for VE devices (rockchip)

if(mCalibration.invertX)

{

x = mRawAxes.x.maxValue - x;

}

if(mCalibration.invertY)

{

y = mRawAxes.y.maxValue - y;

}

I'll release my file too, soon!

Edited by Csharpe

I got it to boot & extract to ext3 perfectly now. the other version of unyaffs was the solution. I still got a few questions though:

- As for the ext3 image, whenever I push something to it from adb, tablet doesn't want to boot anymore (how do you create the ext3 image, blocksize, rw, command?)

- Sometimes, even without pushing something, tablet doesn't want to boot anymore (shutdown wrong?)

as I already explained, your ext3 creating procedure is correct. I think we should not use our time for it anymore. we should investigate real issue.

just for the record, here is my current command lines,

dd if=/dev/zero of=system_ext3.img bs=1M count=144

mkfs.ext3 system_ext3.img

mount -o loop system_ext3.img /mnt

cd /mnt

unyaffs /PATH/TO/system.img

umount /mnt

I noticed some guy uploaded "CM7 for Andypad Pro" video on youtube with "it will be fully functional" and "please donate" message...

I don't have any objection who really need donation for his work. but I have to say goodbye because I don't want to any relation to money.

in the past, I saw some trouble. some guy, who used my CM for some(non-rockchip) tablet, started his own project for "make it perfect" with donation. it was failed. people blamed him. it was sad story.

I believe devs in here can achieve your goal. but I'm chicken. I don't want any possibility of trouble. I'm doing my work for my fun. I also want to make it perfect. but I can't promise anything.

really sorry.

EDIT:

I'm still working for CM7 for RK2918 myself. anyone can use my repo freely if I can make something. (probably progress will be slow)

and it seems there are some other forks,

http://www.htcmania.com/showthread.php?p=3252811

http://www.forotablets.com/showthread.php/2936-CyanogenMod-7.2-para-bq-Kepler

https://github.com/octathorp/Kepler_CM7

http://www.androidiani.com/forum/mediacom-smartpad-810c/87255-rom-cyanogenmod-7-1-eldiau-beta1-gingerbread.html

https://github.com/eldiau

I guess you can make "team" with them. it seems they also could understand my output very quickly.

I wish, in near future, I can use perfect CM7 for RK2918 without my effort! :)

Edited by fun_

I noticed some guy uploaded "CM7 for Andypad Pro" video on youtube with "it will be fully functional" and "please donate" message...

I don't have any objection who really need donation for his work. but I have to say goodbye because I don't want to any relation to money.

in the past, I saw some trouble. some guy, who used my CM for some(non-rockchip) tablet, started his own project for "make it perfect" with donation. it was failed. people blamed him. it was sad story.

I believe devs in here can achieve your goal. but I'm chicken. I don't want any possibility of trouble. I'm doing my work for my fun. I also want to make it perfect. but I can't promise anything.

really sorry.

EDIT:

I'm still working for CM7 for RK2918 myself. anyone can use my repo freely if I can make something. (probably progress will be slow)

and it seems there are some other forks,

http://www.htcmania....d.php?p=3252811

http://www.forotable...-para-bq-Kepler

https://github.com/o...horp/Kepler_CM7

http://www.androidia...ingerbread.html

https://github.com/eldiau

I guess you can make "team" with them. it seems they also could understand my output very quickly.

I wish, in near future, I can use perfect CM7 for RK2918 without my effort! :)

That was SamiBeck. It also signals the end of any public stuff from me (although I am way behind). Thanks for the help fun_, you have helped drag the andypad out of the stone ages.

Guest Csharpe

- throws some dirty words at Sami Beck and sends him to the fire pit -

I'd like to thank fun_ for helping us all :) without him we would still use the crappy old ROM. Let's hope we can fix some of the bugs ourselves.

Currently on my checklist: fix brick after filesystem modifications (adb push & even local sh scripts), bluetooth, VE calibration simplified, camera(s), hdmi

Guest Sami Beck

I'd like to thank fun_ for helping us all :) without him we would still use the crappy old ROM. Let's hope we can fix some of the bugs ourselves.

Currently on my checklist: fix brick after filesystem modifications (adb push & even local sh scripts), bluetooth, VE calibration simplified, camera(s), hdmi

What because I made a video?

Guest Sami Beck

I ask for donations for my work? I'm trying to get this merged into offical by a CM dev.

Guest Simon O

All developers are entitled to advertise donation links as long as they are not under conditions such as "donate and I'll complete the rom" as others have done before.

If you have an issue with Sami looking for donations then please take it up with him directly.

One last thing.. what you write in forum reports is still covered by the forum rules. Keep bad language and insults about other members to yourself and use the report post button ONLY when somebody has broken forum rules.

Guest Sami Beck

I'm sorry if I've made it seem like im taking the glory in reality I want to work hard with you Csharpe but I need you to in addition help me by collaborating effectivly so I can talk to CM devs and seek their guidance on how we can fix this matter, personal issues aside I would like to continue working with you for the good of the andypad community.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dx0Shn5Hvpc&ob=av3n

I'm sorry if I broke rule here.

what I wanted to say is "I don't want to see(have relation to) trouble(will not happen, but possible) around donation for future work" because of my past experience. I don't want to force this rule to others. probably I had to leave silently...

I have no objection about donation itself. I know CM devs also ask donation. and, as a fact, I also got some donations(some tablets). but there was a promise "I'll do some work but I can't promise anything for my output" between me and donators. (I'm selfish, sorry)

--

btw if CM devs have interest to this work, it's good news. I don't have big team on my other CM porting work. it's not good. progress is slow. trouble takes my time for dev work, so avoiding it is necessary as much as possible.

I 'm looking forward to good result by devs here and CM team!

sorry for my noise.

So I ... ... erm ... ... guess development is over for the moment!

I wouldn't go that far, but I doubt there will be much that someone can just install any time soon. Seems some people just want to get rich quick by holding it hostage, which in itself is silly as I doubt many AndyPad owners would give a toss about upgrading the rom, let alone paying for it, assuming there are more than a hundred of them left who haven't thrown them away in disgust. So ultimately all that happens is that any sensible person will not want anything to do with it as they either have a job or morals.

Still, hacking around gives me something to do other than get arrested for drunkeness, or whatever.

I'm planning on releasing a fixed kernel and a new libsensor to get around the flipped x and strange gyroscope action respectively, although i'm sure someone will beat me to it.