Blade - microSDXC capability

Guest mike79

Just in case anybody wants to get one of those new SanDisk 64GB Bi-colored microSDXC, but wasn't sure if those big cards will work ... here is a little screenshot taken from my Orange San Francisco today ;-)

unbenanntbvo.jpg

Writing speed is: 14.7 MB/s

Reading speed is: 21.1 MB/s

Edited by mike79

@dirlan2001

86 Euros to be precisely ;-)

@Wacky.ddw

A friend of mine got a Medion Life, which is a version of the ZTE Skate. I can test it tomorrow if you'd like.

Edit: 64 Gigs are working in the Skate as well.

Edited by mike79

Guest deksman2

Hu you can use 64GB? it says you can only go to 32GB normally...

You mean in the same way that laptop manufacturers say that maximum supported ram in laptops is 4 or 8GB when in fact it's often double?

:D

In case of laptop manufacturers, they are not taking into account full extent of motherboard chipset capabilities- and will offer 0 support in that regard.

Granted, in such a scenario BIOS can present a limiting factor (but that's often remedied by BIOS upgrade :D - although, in some cases it has been known that manufacturers do artificially limit the upgrade potential of a laptop by intentionally leaving out support in BIOS upgrades - which is of course done to force you to buy new hardware instead of spending less money and upgrade current one).

In case of smartphones though, we are talking about a microSDHC cards.

Think of them as portable hard drives - which in fact they ARE.

Now, in laptops, you can practically install any high capacity laptop as long as the interface is compatible.

I would say that this might extend to smartphones as well.

If the interface is compatible and we find ourselves with a 128GB microSDHC card... then I really don't see any reason for it not to work.

The OS should be able to recognize and work with such capacities theoretically.