Please help with OMC unlocking!

Guest Leo_uk

Hi all,

I am wondering if anyone can help me on this as I am very stuck! So I got as far as installing stock recovery and backing up the mac address by saving the QCN file. However, when I go into FTM mode and run download.exe and hit start, it gets stuck at step 6/100 where the phone restarts several times but doesnt get further than that. OSF flasher gives up after several re-starts :(

Does anyone know how to get around this?

Many thanks for looking at this thread.

Edited by Leo_uk

Guest dibbles

Why have you created your own thread and not posted it in the unlocking one...? Please edit your post to mark as deleted and then post it into that thread. That way it will help others find solutions which are offered for you by only needing to look in that one single thread without it becoming a fragmented search. :)

I will try and help in the noted thread...

Guest Skate Away

Hi all,

I am wondering if anyone can help me on this as I am very stuck! So I got as far as installing stock recovery and backing up the mac address by saving the QCN file. However, when I go into FTM mode and run download.exe and hit start, it gets stuck at step 6/100 where the phone restarts several times but doesnt get further than that. OSF flasher gives up after several re-starts :(

Hi,

I'm a newbie too and have struggled with unlocking.

If your phone is locked, I guess you are on the original ROM ?

If you haven't changed the ROM, I think you miss that step anyway.

AFAIK that step is to get you back to the original ROM so that the later steps will work.

BTW, anything on your phone will be lost in the process, so back up stuff now...

Guest putbinoot

Hi all,

When you go into FTM mode put your battery back in to give the phone more power some usb ports are not giving enough power causing the flash to fail.

Guest Skate Away

When you go into FTM mode put your battery back in to give the phone more power some usb ports are not giving enough power causing the flash to fail.

Maybe someone could edit the 'how to' and put 'BATTERY IN' or 'BATTERY OUT' at the start of each line ?

It really isn't clear - I had problems with this, and had to work it out by trial and error....

mellow.gif

Thank you Putbinoot for the pointer. It worked and I was up and running in no time!

Also, thanks to everyone who replied here. @Dibbles, I did try to ask in that thread but in my haste, I started a new thread as I hadn't got a reply for a couple of days.

@Skate away, I fully agree with you. Just a one liner at the top of the instructions to say that 'put battery in and out before and after each step will solve some of the unlocking problems' will help a lot and will stop noobs like me posting questions!