no signal or weak signal, where can i get antenna?

Guest kingjude

Guest kingjude

Hey folks,

I get no signal or weak signal. when i use my t-mobile sim there is no signal and when i go outdoors i only get the t-mobile/orange signal and get like 1 bar and then most of the time no signal at all. when i use the 3 network sim card i get no bars but i get a signal when i am in doors when i go out doors i get one small bar, but most of the time no signal at all. so is there something wrong with the antenna? or maybe a loose connection?

it was fine before. i replaced the digitizer because it cracked bad and when i took it apart and replaced it, it seemed fine as it was easy to do. but i am thinking maybe antenna because i do get a signal but not strong enough to be kept as it goes to having no network signal at all. i need help. can anyone tell me where i can find a replacement antenna for the lg optimus 2x?

Guest kingjude

so its software? thing is wife dropped phone.. landed on the top right corner on brick ground and cracked the digitizer. only place to get digitizer from was hong kong via ebay. i got a white digitizer... and i waited like 2 months for this... and i had taken it apart and put it in a box. thing is, there is not power going through right. also mistake was the box was next to microwave for like 2 months. did i fry something?????

when i got digitizer, all hooked up now, but i get no signal whatsoever, compared to before where i was getting good signal.......... you still think its baseband and getril and all that i need to do?

well i do get signal.... but no bars compared to like 3 bars from before in my house

Try getril and change the ril (radio) first:-)

Edited by kingjude

Guest SuperSkill

so its software? thing is wife dropped phone.. landed on the top right corner on brick ground and cracked the digitizer. only place to get digitizer from was hong kong via ebay. i got a white digitizer... and i waited like 2 months for this... and i had taken it apart and put it in a box. thing is, there is not power going through right. also mistake was the box was next to microwave for like 2 months. did i fry something?????

when i got digitizer, all hooked up now, but i get no signal whatsoever, compared to before where i was getting good signal.......... you still think its baseband and getril and all that i need to do?

well i do get signal.... but no bars compared to like 3 bars from before in my house

Your phone might be bricked, but flashing new BB and a matching ril are worth a try before putting it in the trashbin ;-)

Guest kingjude

damn.,.,, its not bricked. it turns on and everything.. just the signal.. matching ril? whats the link for that and where do i get the new BB from?

Your phone might be bricked, but flashing new BB and a matching ril are worth a try before putting it in the trashbin ;-)

Guest René Klunder

damn.,.,, its not bricked. it turns on and everything.. just the signal.. matching ril? whats the link for that and where do i get the new BB from?

Your inside antenna may have been disconnected or damaged (a sort of tape on back of microphone)

Guest kingjude

thats what i think, i tried the getril... flashed an old modaco rom and..... used getril and it matched the ril with the bb... and i rebooted and nothing.. no signal... it picks up o2 and 3 signal but no t-mobile (which my sim is) where do u guys think i can get an antenna? i tried ebay but no luck

Your inside antenna may have been disconnected or damaged (a sort of tape on back of microphone)

Guest René Klunder

Did you take the device apart for that digitizer (I checked some video's to understand what you did)

then you might do that again and fasten all exactly so the parts are best fitting......

Guest Basil 123

Did you take the device apart for that digitizer (I checked some video's to understand what you did)

then you might do that again and fasten all exactly so the parts are best fitting......

do you have a spare sim chip you can swap in, just to try?