Thanks for the detailed instructions.
Though I couldn't flash it to new ICS Android 4.0.4 ROM (http://android.modac...m-updated-0704/
With you detailed instructions, atlast I could get a Stock ROM from, http://files.podtwo....tock/zte/skate/
and saved my mobile
My current version ( it was 2.3.5 ) and tried out the new Android 4.0.4 as given above. I've attached few snaps while doing this upgrade (http://bit.ly/ZTE-skate
1.Installed CWM through TPT
2.downloaded the latest ICS Android4 ROM as given above + Google apps and saved in sd card
3.in TPT, chosen "All in One" &
4. "Start TPT"
box rebooted and booted up with CWM mode
5.“backup and restore > backup”
6. ”wipe factory/data > Yes” (
I got message "No app2sd partition is found. Skipping format of /sd-ext.")
7. ”wipe cache > Yes”
8. ”advanced > wipe dalvik cache> Yes”
9. “install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard” --> yes
.“Reboot system now > Yes”
11. Now, the problem starts.... after reboot it stays on 'android' text
12. Then I tried remove battery and booted up with vol.down + pwr + menu (home key didn't work for me)
13. got into the CWM
14. tried the ”mounts and storage format/system”
Installed Google apps + ROM (CM9) ( as suggested in --> http://bit.ly/ImB5wb
16. .“Reboot system now > Yes”
17. booted to recovery mode ( I mean the CWM boot menu as shown in the snap shots, http://bit.ly/ZTE-skate
18. here, whenever i reboot, it always get into recovery mode. I DON"T know how to reboot OUT OF recovery
19 for reboot OUT OF recovery, i removed battery and inserted back and pressed power button....
20. thought of giving up with “backup and restore > restore”
21. and reboot didn't work
23. downloaded the ZTE stock from link mentioned above
24. saved in SD card.
25. ROM installation, basically repeating the steps 6, 7, 8, 9 & 10
26. booted up successfully
Any suggestions for me is very much appreciated.
Once again thanks for your time taken to post the beginners 'rooting' tutorial