What's the cheapest android phone capable of skype video calls?

Guest shawn0

Guest glossywhite

Said it in the title. Proper skype video calls not using a mirror for wrong camera and such.

I'd say the Orange San Francisco 2 (I have not tested it, as I do not own one) OR the Sony Ericsson "Live with Walkman" (aka wt19i) - I do own one of these, and Skype works flawlessly, as it has a great front camera, and you can see the other person crystal clear!

San Fran 2 = £99 + £10 topup required (On Orange UK)

Live with Walkman = £99 + £15 topup required (On Three UK)

Here is my "look around" video, showing some features of the "Live with Walkman". I do, briefly, show Skype working:

Edited by glossywhite

Guest Trixy11

I would recommend you the samsung galaxy S2. It is a mobile with loads of high end features. It is the more economical option if you are looking for clear skype video calls.

Had a look at the new SF2 and WT19i, I have an original SF now and like it but have always wished the screen was bigger, the sony's is smaller still. The samsung will be too expensive, I always look at a phone as "how much do I want to drop on the floor and smash". Looks like I have just missed O2 selling the Xperia play for £149 so I'm waiting to see if that comes back. Xperia play has 4" screen, though I doubt I'll be using the gaming controls. It was a £499 phone at one time, still is on CPW. :-) THANKS FOR RESPONSES!

Guest glossywhite

I would recommend you the samsung galaxy S2. It is a mobile with loads of high end features. It is the more economical option if you are looking for clear skype video calls.

LOL!

How is a handset that overheats, crashes a lot *and* costs £300+, more economical than a handset that is stable, superb and costs £99? The wt19i produces crystal clear Skype video calls; you evidently do not own one.

Please, engage common sense circuitry, before typing.

To the OP: Your criteria were "What's the cheapest android phone capable of skype video calls?"

I don't see screen size mentioned anywhere, and why does it matter that you don't have a massive screen? You're trying to save money, right? You could do a *great* deal worse than the Sony Ericsson.

Edited by glossywhite